Quote | Reply
No kidding

https://www.outsideonline.com/...ky-gondola-cable-cut

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: "This is a big deal" [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Notorious cheater triathletes, heavy duty vandalists... Squamish must be an interesting place :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Correct me if I'm wrong....and I'm certainly not familiar with large cables....but doesn't it take a special tool to cut through a cable that thick?
Quote Reply
Re: "This is a big deal" [tritimmy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tritimmy wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong....and I'm certainly not familiar with large cables....but doesn't it take a special tool to cut through a cable that thick?

Let’s hope the vandal either recently rented, purchased or borrowed the equipment. I’d imagine the authorities are well underway in determining the tool used and who has access to such equipment. Obviously things like a blowtorch would be more commonly accessible but a cutting tool probably isn’t. Nothing around my house can cut a steel cable, that’s for sure.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Probably someone from the "I hate tourism money flowing into my town" crowd.

I once did some sort of multi sport race in Huntsville, ON. It brought many people to town every year. Anyway, as I was walking away from my parked car on a sidestreet lined with parked cars some hick yelled at me "GO BACK TO WHERE YA COME FROM!!!!"

Maybe he didn't like the cut of my jib. Maybe he was jealous of my spandex clad buttocks.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: "This is a big deal" [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:

I once did some sort of multi sport race in Huntsville, ON. It brought many people to town every year. Anyway, as I was walking away from my parked car on a sidestreet lined with parked cars some hick yelled at me "GO BACK TO WHERE YA COME FROM!!!!"

Maybe he didn't like the cut of my jib. Maybe he was jealous of my spandex clad buttocks.

Instead of being on the hook for vandalism, if the idiot had managed to start cutting it but failed to finish and the thing started back running and failed...........you'd probably have a national level terrorism investigation and murder inquiry instead.

All the idiots who do things like this or throw rocks off overpasses or put ropes across trails should get HARD prison time. They're jokes that gone wrong can kill people.
Quote Reply
Re: "This is a big deal" [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
burnthesheep wrote:
BLeP wrote:

Instead of being on the hook for vandalism, if the idiot had managed to start cutting it but failed to finish and the thing started back running and failed...........you'd probably have a national level terrorism investigation and murder inquiry instead.

All the idiots who do things like this or throw rocks off overpasses or put ropes across trails should get HARD prison time. They're jokes that gone wrong can kill people.

I doubt that anyone will argue against that.

Quote Reply
Re: "This is a big deal" [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
burnthesheep wrote:
BLeP wrote:

And in recent rocks-off-overpass news:

https://www.google.com/.../story%3fid=64516770
Quote Reply
Re: "This is a big deal" [tritimmy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tritimmy wrote:

portable and no exterior power required. Cables are stranded and cutting thorough them a bit at a time would not take long.

Last edited by: knewbike: Aug 22, 19 5:54
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:

I don't know...he could have just been the POTUS... lol
Quote Reply
Re: "This is a big deal" [Culley22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Culley22 wrote:
BLeP wrote:

I don't know...he could have just been the POTUS... lol

Quite possible, I didn't get the best look at him as he was driving away. But he was in a dirty old pickup. Something tells me that Senor Trumpo has never been in a pickup truck in his life.

Quote Reply
Re: "This is a big deal" [knewbike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where were you late night Aug. 9th through early morning Aug. 10th ?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I made the mistake of telling my wife and kids about this story as we were nearing the top of the Breckendridge Epic Gondola ride. It did not sit well with her
Quote Reply
Re: "This is a big deal" [knewbike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ensure you're wearing safety eye wear, leather gloves, long sleeved shirt and sturdy pants when using those.

Just sayin

/r

Steve
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
burnthesheep wrote:
BLeP wrote:

I doubt that anyone will argue against that.

Oh, you would be surprised...this is BC, where everybody has rights...
Quote Reply
Re: "This is a big deal" [OakCliffTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At first I had visions of this being the Peak to Peak gondola ride and gondolas falling 2000 ft from the air.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply