Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Is a Dash Saddle Right for Me? [geetee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the G2 & G3 on different bikes. The difference is pretty much on the back of the saddle there is less "leather" material with more carbon exposed (you don't sit on that anyhow even sitting up). The other is the firmness of the padding--G3 is more firm/doesn't squish down as much. I suggest renting a saddle first, because the issues I've had is the "flare out" of the saddle (when it gets wider) starts too early (close to the nose) & has always rubbed the back of the hamstring (not really rubbed I guess but tapped repeatedly over hours it develops a sore spot but not friction).

Weston at Dash has been great, but if you buy, keep in mind you buy & you keep it (no return policy unless a defect). I bought one and it was still in the box, not ever mounted--a week after buying--I heard about Wove saddles. While I love the Dash, I looked into how far back the straight nose goes back before it flares out--and that seemed to be MUCH BETTER solution for me than the Dash. l had "sort of" buyer regrets on my Dash "sort of"--but there is no return policy at all even on a new saddle for Dash--a non-traditional no-return at all type policy. Weston said it was how they keep their prices so low when others have gotten ridiculous in prices. That said, the Wove is pretty wide at the nose & wish they made more of a 48 mm nose like the Dash as I have really narrow hips & inner thighs hit the nose if wider than 50 mm. Maybe Wove can do a 50 or 48 mm in the future...

But yeah, post Dash Stage G3 purchase, I thought despite the ridiculous price of a Wove, in the long run it (Wove) may solve the hamstring spot--but with a 53.8 mm nose I trade that for a potential chaffing issue...I guess I'm just that one difficult customer who can't find anything on the market to have it perfect. ;-) Anyhow, I'm committed with the Dash for now and that's not horrible (best saddle yet), but I am thinking at this point, I am going to be a future Wove customer.
Quote Reply
Re: Is a Dash Saddle Right for Me? [Rocky M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rocky M wrote:
I have the G2 & G3 on different bikes. The difference is pretty much on the back of the saddle there is less "leather" material with more carbon exposed (you don't sit on that anyhow even sitting up). The other is the firmness of the padding--G3 is more firm/doesn't squish down as much. I suggest renting a saddle first, because the issues I've had is the "flare out" of the saddle (when it gets wider) starts too early (close to the nose) & has always rubbed the back of the hamstring (not really rubbed I guess but tapped repeatedly over hours it develops a sore spot but not friction).

Weston at Dash has been great, but if you buy, keep in mind you buy & you keep it (no return policy unless a defect). I bought one and it was still in the box, not ever mounted--a week after buying--I heard about Wove saddles. While I love the Dash, I looked into how far back the straight nose goes back before it flares out--and that seemed to be MUCH BETTER solution for me than the Dash. l had "sort of" buyer regrets on my Dash "sort of"--but there is no return policy at all even on a new saddle for Dash--a non-traditional no-return at all type policy. Weston said it was how they keep their prices so low when others have gotten ridiculous in prices. That said, the Wove is pretty wide at the nose & wish they made more of a 48 mm nose like the Dash as I have really narrow hips & inner thighs hit the nose if wider than 50 mm. Maybe Wove can do a 50 or 48 mm in the future...

But yeah, post Dash Stage G3 purchase, I thought despite the ridiculous price of a Wove, in the long run it (Wove) may solve the hamstring spot--but with a 53.8 mm nose I trade that for a potential chaffing issue...I guess I'm just that one difficult customer who can't find anything on the market to have it perfect. ;-) Anyhow, I'm committed with the Dash for now and that's not horrible (best saddle yet), but I am thinking at this point, I am going to be a future Wove customer.

Have you considered the Bisaddle? Im thinking of getting one
Quote Reply
Re: Is a Dash Saddle Right for Me? [gunna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did, but they are heavy--and I don't think the quality looks nearly as good up close as a Dash or Wove. To me, holding the bi-saddle felt like I was picking up a saddle I'd pick up at WalMart in the bike section. It may be a good saddle but it just felt sort of cheap and heavy from a quality standpoint. Just my opinion...
Quote Reply
Re: Is a Dash Saddle Right for Me? [Rocky M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rocky M wrote:
I did, but they are heavy--and I don't think the quality looks nearly as good up close as a Dash or Wove. To me, holding the bi-saddle felt like I was picking up a saddle I'd pick up at WalMart in the bike section. It may be a good saddle but it just felt sort of cheap and heavy from a quality standpoint. Just my opinion...

If its comfy for 4+ hours I don't care about looks or weight. Did you try it out or just take a look at it? Have you tried the Wove, if so how was it?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have not tried the Wove, I wanted to but my fitter wasn't in agreement that it was the time to try it out, as it was a new bike fit & we were essentially trying to transfer my old fit to the new bike. Then tweak it as much as we could with the parts that it came with...but we ran into a few "component" issues (bars ordered were too short and yadda yadda I won't go into details). Hope to try it out once I get a few parts that should have been ordered correctly in the first place--but yeah, kinda that part got jacked up so...working on the details and THEN will be looking to try the Wove. Seems like it will fix several issues with my current set up, with a longer nose. It'll be a good 2-3 weeks before that happens though. Work in progress.
Last edited by: Rocky M: Feb 20, 24 21:45
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gunna wrote:
Rocky M wrote:

If its comfy for 4+ hours I don't care about looks or weight. Did you try it out or just take a look at it? Have you tried the Wove, if so how was it?

Some Wove reviews and feedback:

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ost=7851300#p7851300

https://maps.app.goo.gl/...xtniGr6i7yd6?g_st=ic

https://wovebike.com/reviews

wovebike.com | Wove on instagram
Last edited by: milesthedog: Feb 21, 24 17:51
Quote Reply

Prev Next