Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Roval 38 disc
Quote | Reply
Anyone have these wheels / what do you think? Are they fast?

I got these on my new Tarmac, deciding if I should upgrade or not while new
Quote Reply
Re: Roval 38 disc [mvenneta] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No experience, but on paper they look good. Decently light weight at 1560g, quality DT Swiss hubs, external width of 26.6 mm probably mates pretty well with some 26mm wide Turbo Cottons. I’d probably just keep them.

Something like an Enve 3.4 would be 5mm wider and ~100g lighter. But you would be limited on tire choice. And you’d be $2550 poorer

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Roval 38 disc [mvenneta] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the older CL40 discs and love them; slightly narrower rims, but as the previous poster says, very stiff and lightweight for the rim profile. I've had a couple of nasty pothole incursions and they've held up fine. They're also very easy to service the freehub and replace bearings (if that's something you rate) and the Roval-branded DT Swiss hubs mean that spares are readily available and should be compatible with the new 12-speed microspline Shimano freehub standard that is coming down the line.

I don't have an awful lot to compare them to with regard to mid-section rims, but they were a massive step up from the Mavic Ksyriums that I was using on my road bike before.

You might get a few extra free Watts by upgrading to some Zipps or Enves, but if you're worried about out-and-out speed, you'd probably want to be going deeper than a 38 anyway.
Last edited by: awenborn: Aug 21, 19 1:14
Quote Reply