Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Intensity and off days needed, not overall "metrics"
Quote | Reply
In general, when do you "call it" and do every-other day training if doing intensity stuff? Is it when it's at 2x20 at 90%? Sets at 100%, 105, 120? If you have a saucy group ride on a weeknight, do you not do your puck-in-a-bucket trainer ride the next day?

I think I'm asking too much of myself on some workouts lately. I track my TSS metrics manually.

Overall, my weekly TSS isn't that high. When doing tougher workouts, a week might be 350. Weeks with just one tough workout and more volume might be more like 450 to 500. I'm just now back to 'zero' balance after a vacation. So that's not a great indicator.

So, if I want to do 3x8's and sets of 3x3's at high %'s, is that going to be an "every other day" kind of thing? Like, no riding other than z2 between them?
Quote Reply
Re: Intensity and off days needed, not overall "metrics" [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Velonews Fastalk podcast. There are 3 interviews done with Stephen Seiler. Your questions are all addressed there. Unless you are playing hockey did you mean puke in a bucket?
Quote Reply