Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Physiology and Tri training: Where's the rest ?
Quote | Reply
How do you guys (gals) do to balance your training between three sports ?
Ideally, one wants to improve on their performance, thus inducing fatigue. Physiology says to rest because if not, not only will you not improve, you eventually will suffer from overtraining.
OK. That's for every sport. Now you have to juggle with three !!
I had a coach for cycling, now he retired :-(.
When I told him I wanted to start triathlon (in wich he was pretty experienced too), he started to add somme easy jogging sessions on cycling rest days. The problem is that I never really ran before my new "project". These apparently "easy" sessions destroyed my legs, and my BT cycling workouts suffered. I ended up injured from the running and eventually stopped.
I don't find swimming sessions to be hard on the muscular system, and I can add another sport the same day, but I feel the fatigue from the swim. I lost 20-30 watts FTP on the bike by adding the other 2 sports to my schedule.
So, what I mean is, is a rest day for cycling considered a rest day if you run an hour, even at low pace ? Same goes for the other sports "mixes"...
Is there some kind of "receipes" or traditional mixup of sports that people do to improve on all sports and, on their Tri times ?
I searched for training plans on the net, but I found they were "kindergarden" level, and didn't justlfy spending a penny on them.

Louis :-)
Quote Reply