Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Felt IA10 DI2 charging
Quote | Reply

I am embarrassed to ask this here, but I just got a 2018 Felt IA10 with Ultegra DI2 and I can not find the charging location for this bike. Can anyone tell me where to look, please!
Quote Reply
Re: Felt IA10 DI2 charging [Rover24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is there a basebar plate by the stem you can remove to access the A junction?

2019 T-Rex Tri Series
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
it may also be under the bike in a compartment by the bottom bracket
Quote Reply
Re: Felt IA10 DI2 charging [mknight84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the help.
Finally able to locate it. Under the stem at the top of the head tube there is a plastic cap, I think they call it a nose cone cover with 2 small torx bolts on each end. Pull that out (easier said than done) and the junction box is there.
It seems like it should be easier, but I guess it is what it is.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yea I was gonna say it’s in that nose cone thingy. Once you upgrade to a Tririg or 51 speedshop bar it will be easier đŸ˜€
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would ditch the crappy nose cone configuration and install a bar-end Junction A in one of the extensions. Way cleaner and fewer wires exposed.

Quote Reply
Re: Felt IA10 DI2 charging [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice solution. That is not a stock felt earobar, correct ?

Follow my project on Project 100 miles / 4 hours
Quote Reply
Re: Felt IA10 DI2 charging [rbe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nope. I replaced the stock bars with a Tririg Alpha X.
Quote Reply
Re: Felt IA10 DI2 charging [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for that suggestion, that looks like a much better solution. Did you have to get new wires as well, or did the originals work with that config. Trying to get a parts list together.

Best,
Ed
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You would probably have to get some new wires. Mine was a ground-up build, so I sized every wire with that installation in mind. In the stock build, I think that all of the wires feed from the base bar into the frame and then into the nose cone. So, maybe you could do it with just the Junction A in the extension + 1 new wire to run from the J-A into the nose cone. Then, put a Junction B in the nose cone.
Quote Reply