Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Rugby World Cup 2019 [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
2:45 am hear in vancouver ...
Quote Reply
Re: Rugby World Cup 2019 [Zulu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You might as well just stay up drinking all night...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yah my thoughts as well...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In the pub for a 10am kickoff here
Quote Reply
Re: Rugby World Cup 2019 [paulmartin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's a more reasonable time to start drinking! Not sure how well beers will go down at 5am... but I'm open to exploring the idea. Hopefully with a nice full English breakfast if the pub can get his chef in that early.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sounds pretty perfect to me!
Enjoy it and hopefully England come away with the cup!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
That's a more reasonable time to start drinking! Not sure how well beers will go down at 5am... but I'm open to exploring the idea. Hopefully with a nice full English breakfast if the pub can get his chef in that early.

Drink Guinness, Boddington, or Magners
Quote Reply
Re: Rugby World Cup 2019 [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:

Drink Guinness, Boddington, or Magners

Guinness: there's steak and chips in every pint...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Highlights of bronze medal match...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, that didn't go quite to plan

Completely outplayed
Quote Reply
Re: Rugby World Cup 2019 [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah typical final rugby with both teams making basic mistakes and the nerves of the event playing a big role.....depth of the SA engine room won it - with help from the ref on the Mapipi try - the only 4 people in world rugby that didnt see the forward pass were the officials - and please remember i am a South African celebrating the win!! With regards to the engine room - de jager goes off early after doing his shoulder and mostert comes on having pretty close to a man of the match performance....he was the damn support runner for the Kolbi try!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SA def deserved it, but that was an awful 80 minutes of refereeing.

Well done!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That game sucked to watch. First 30 points from Penalty kicks. Ugh.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Rugby World Cup 2019 [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Definitely not a showcase of the great sport of rugby.

Neither team, nor the ref, were on their game today.
Quote Reply
Re: Rugby World Cup 2019 [davec] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
South Africa were certainly on their game, if anything they showed more threat running with the ball than they have done in previous games.

Shame that England couldn't reproduce the levels of rugby they showed against Australia and NZ. I guess partly accumulated fatigue, partly nerves (lots of early handling errors) and partly because SA didn't give them a chance to settle. Agree that for the neutral it was a slightly disappointing finish to what has otherwise been a great World Cup. Finals are often fairly claustrophobic games without a lot of tries, but the fact that the result looked pretty much decided from early in the second half was a shame.
Quote Reply
Re: Rugby World Cup 2019 [cartsman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nothing to do with the game, but our Uber driver last night was talking about It and casually dropped that he used to play for the SA national team. Just from looking at him it’s entirely plausible.
Quote Reply
Re: Rugby World Cup 2019 [chriskal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you get his name? Seems an unlikely fall in fortunes (unless he just really likes driving strangers around and does it for fun not money), South Africans are pretty serious about their rugby and being an ex-Springbok would normally open up plenty of career opportunities even if he didn't make much money playing the sport itself.
Quote Reply

Prev Next