Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Carp Tri Cancelled 2019
Quote | Reply
Slow death of tri continues in California - Carp Tri cancelled: http://www.carpinteriatriathlon.com/

Carpinteria, CA's great local tri put on by the City appears to be history. Increased charge from CA State Parks for transition area, increased traffic, local freeway widening construction, fewer participants....sad.
Quote Reply
Re: Carp Tri Cancelled 2019 [Clam_Chowder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry to hear that, but on the good news side, the Santa Barbara triathlon is returning this year after a hiatus. It was a very popular weekend of 3 races I think, so hope they get back some old numbers and have some$$ left over for the RD...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Clam_Chowder wrote:
Slow death of tri continues in California - Carp Tri cancelled: http://www.carpinteriatriathlon.com/

Carpinteria, CA's great local tri put on by the City appears to be history. Increased charge from CA State Parks for transition area, increased traffic, local freeway widening construction, fewer participants....sad.

I think between SB Tri next week and Malibu right before Carp, it was only a matter of time till it was done.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Tough Times Don't Last, Tough People Do.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Really sad to see it go.
There is a Cal Tri Oxnard at the end of September.! New event so not sure how it will go.
I am doing the aquabike in Santa Barbara next week. Always a great race.

Team Zoot So Cal
Quote Reply
Re: Carp Tri Cancelled 2019 [Karl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One of my best friends who now lives in Mill Valley is also coming down just to do the aqua bike. That is the only problem with this race in SB, they tack on a 10 mile cement surface run, on what is just a scooch more than an olympic on the swim and bike..Pretty rough on those over 50 for sure, so I bet that aqua bike gets some pretty good numbers..Have fun and good luck!
Quote Reply