Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Money Heist on Netflix
Quote | Reply
Anyone watched or watching this? We are three episodes in and enjoying it. Excited to see how it plays out and what they do to stretch it to three seasons.
Quote Reply
Re: Money Heist on Netflix [Sully] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I enjoyed it greatly.

I think it is a great watch for couples as I think women would like it more than some other shows. It is somewhat similar to the Italian Job my girls enjoyed that.

I don't think it a spoiler to comment on the "seasons." As you will discover at then end of "Season 1," the caper is not complete. Seasons one and two (which were both out when I watched or maybe came out together) are one story. Season 3, which is 8 episodes, starts in future with new caper.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: Money Heist on Netflix [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My wife and I watched it together. Very surprised she enjoyed it as initially she described it as “another one of your shitty action series”

Fun series.

Maurice
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’m about 6 episodes in and I’m enjoying it most of the time. I really enjoy the Professor and a few others, but some parts are really slow.

It’s on the back burner for now since the new season of Mindhunters is out.
Quote Reply
Re: Money Heist on Netflix [mauricemaher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mauricemaher wrote:
My wife and I watched it together. Very surprised she enjoyed it as initially she described it as “another one of your shitty action series”

Fun series.

Maurice

it's full of love stories :-)

Season 3 trends more into the soap opera arena with slow-mo scenes and emotional music playing quite often. It was a change of pace from the first two seasons, but still enjoyed it nonetheless.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks fo the suggestion on this one. We just finished the first two seasons and I have a couple of thoughts. We got sucked into the story pretty quickly. Tired to be vague with these comments without spoilers.

1. We struggled a bit with the some of the voice overs. Some of them worked, some not so much. It took away from the character development from my point of view. And Denver's laugh was real annoying. Really annoying.

2. How in the middle of bank robbery- that was over the course of about a week- can the robbers and the Professor get so distracted by their little heads that they endanger the heist?

3. "Stockholm." WTF? Her gunshot wound was healed enough that she both get busy and walk without a limp in 24 hours after being shot. Impressive.

4. The Inspector. Again WTF in the last two episodes? I get what they were trying to do to make the robbers sympathetic throughout the story line, but that seemed forced.

5. Berlin made my wife uncomfortable from the beginning. Even more in the second season.

In spite of these criticisms, we are debating starting season 3. Thoughts/recommendations from those that have watched it.

Suffer Well.
Last edited by: jmh: Oct 3, 19 14:22
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Late to the party on this one but this series is fantastic. Season 5 supposed to come out in the near future. Only made it through season one and most of two but started last weekend.

Story about a bunch of mostly likeable robbers that really don't want to hurt anyone but want to make billions. Break into the mint and start printing money so they are not stealing from anyone in particular, just the goverment. And who doesn't want to screw over the government? Has a lot of twists and turns and one very smoking hot female named Tokyo.
Quote Reply
Re: Money Heist on Netflix [SDG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yes, that was a great show.
Quote Reply
Re: Money Heist on Netflix [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:
mauricemaher wrote:

Fun series.

Maurice

it's full of love stories :-)

Season 3 trends more into the soap opera arena with slow-mo scenes and emotional music playing quite often. It was a change of pace from the first two seasons, but still enjoyed it nonetheless.

This is kinda a ghost reply coming a year late.

I think you are right about the love stories being enjoyable to wives.

Also right about change in Season 3. SPOILERS FOLLOW. I quit because it was too soapy and slo-mo. Also, if I recall, there was one whole episode where someone was shot and but nothing happens regarding that story line because of flashbacks and history and soapy stuff. I got frustrated.

Also i think it was Season 2 where a robber (I think the Japanese City hot hot-head) shot the RPG at the tank and burned a bunch of cops. I lost all sympathy and concern for the robbers at that point. The story became a tragedy.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply