Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Blueberry Cheesecake
Quote | Reply
Not a big fan of doughnuts--sry. So last night i made a blueberry cheesecake using some of our blue berries we've frozen from this years crop. Not sure if i can wait till Mrs H comes home from work this afternoon. It's in the fridge now but i can hear it calling to me.

Steve
Quote Reply
Re: Blueberry Cheesecake [Steve Hawley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That looks yummy!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You have better willpower than me. I would eaten a good chunk and then told my wife I just tested it to make sure it was good enough for her. She wouldn’t believe me but I could live with that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
She doesn't have to know it ever existed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Food pjorn

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
blue ribbon!
Quote Reply
Re: Blueberry Cheesecake [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
You have better willpower than me. I would eaten a good chunk and then told my wife I just tested it to make sure it was good enough for her. She wouldn’t believe me but I could live with that.

It's like we were separated at birth brother! I like your thinking

We've 16 blueberry bushes--which is a BIG mistake--as it's way to many to handle as an individual; but nowhere near enough to garner any ducets as a blue berry picking place :-( My Rabbit Eye bushes produce much much better than my Southern Highbush. It's very regional and climate dependent so YMMV.

We run 8 bee hives. So the ladies from the hive are very good at taking care of my blueberry bushes

Steve
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It looks amazing and I'm really hungry.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One of my girls ( i have binders full of them. errrr Hives full of them)

On a magnolia flower here. But the bees really do keep our garden in full bloom. I'm just a dip shit gentleman farmer so i'm not in it for the $$. I am concerned about the amount of crap the real farmers around me spray on their fields. I've got my basic bee keeping certification and even one of them fancy assed advanced degrees (from Auburn of all places). Neonicotinoids are not our friend when it comes to beekeeping.

Steve
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You earned your retirement from the sandbox.

Eat all the damn cheesecake!

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How DARE you post such a photo in the LR without also posting your address? I want me some of that blueberry cheesecake NOW! Jerk.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I...should not have looked at this after my long workouts today. Drool. Gimme.

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We've 16 blueberry bushes--which is a BIG mistake--as it's way to many to handle as an individual; but nowhere near enough to garner any ducets as a blue berry picking place

I've got half as many, and they make a lot of berries. 16 would make a pile. It does put me in good with my neighbor. He gets all the strawberries and blueberries he wants.

The nice thing with blueberries is that I can just take a chair out with me to pick and no thorns.

I've got cherry cobbler sitting in my kitchen from my trees, but now I want some cheesecake.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A warrior and an artist
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Steve,

You’re living my dream. What state and how much land?

http://www.teamodz.com
http://www.endurancelab.fit
Quote Reply
Re: Blueberry Cheesecake [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
We've 16 blueberry bushes--which is a BIG mistake--as it's way to many to handle as an individual; but nowhere near enough to garner any ducets as a blue berry picking place

I've got half as many, and they make a lot of berries. 16 would make a pile. It does put me in good with my neighbor. He gets all the strawberries and blueberries he wants.

The nice thing with blueberries is that I can just take a chair out with me to pick and no thorns.

I've got cherry cobbler sitting in my kitchen from my trees, but now I want some cheesecake.

I'd not thought about taking a chair out to my bushes!? Hmm? I have a dove shooting chair i could use.

Typically I steal this green plastic pitcher from Mrs H (when full the pitcher= one full cookie tray for freezing blueberries) I load up a cup of coffee and off i go. Man with a mission. One cup of coffee is just right for filling that green pitcher. Back inside and empty the current cookie tray into gallon freezer bag; dump latest batch of berries into the tray and sort any any bad berries then into the freezer. Then it's time for the morning constitutional!. Love mornings in the country.

/r

Steve
Quote Reply