Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

travel to Mont Tremblant
Quote | Reply
Thinking of this race for next season, Trying to get a handle on travel there?

Best way to get there, Good places to stay, etc..

Yellowfin Endurance Coaching and Bike Fits
USAT Level 1, USAC Level 3
Quote Reply
Re: travel to Mont Tremblant [surfNJmatt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
surfNJmatt wrote:
Thinking of this race for next season, Trying to get a handle on travel there?

Best way to get there, Good places to stay, etc..

Where are you coming from. Best option is fly in to Montreal rent a car and drive up in 80 minutes. Direct flights from almost all US major cities and all Euro major cities.

If you are driving from the US North East, absolutely avoid driving across through Montreal between 7 am and 10:30 am and again between 2:30 pm and 7 pm. You have a narrow window mid day to get through and if not you're sitting in construction season gridlock in 30+ degree heat not moving at all.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did the race in '17--drove up from Virginia with another buddy that was also racing--'straight' shot up I-81--I'm guessing you might be in Jersey--so if you could head west to 81 it was a very easy drive (long but easy). We stayed right in the village-parked the car the first day there after getting food for the weekend and didn't get back in the car till the morning we left. Price wasn't bad and it was very easy to be right there-especially since both of us were racing and we didn't have anyone to shuttle us around or pick up bikes etc
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd say one of the best things about MT is the ability to stay right in the village and within walking distance of transition. Prices can be expensive (per me) but the lack of stress is completely worth it.

As other have mentioned, fly to Montreal and drive up in a rental. If you find yourself forced to drive during the peak hours dev mentioned, consider spending a few hours in Montreal. You're either going to spend that time in traffic, or enjoying the scenery/food.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did IMMT 3 years in a row and now next year will be four (doing race tomorrow)

• Housing- I always get an Airbnb every year because I do not want to pay the inflated price of staying in the village but do visit it few times in the time I stay for the race. Some townhome/condos have a shuttle that pick you up and drop you off at the village since the parking lots do fill up early.
  • Travel- I live in the Midwest and drive up-to Toronto for one night and drive to M.T after that then do the same home
  • Race- Awesome! 2020 will be my 4th year in a row for this race

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am also looking at racing there in 2020.

There are direct (pricey) flights from LA to Montreal. As a Marriott convoy (Old Starwood) member, was leaning towards the Westin in the Village, looks nice and close. pretty affordable too.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Tough Times Don't Last, Tough People Do.
Quote Reply
Re: travel to Mont Tremblant [TriSpencer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I Was signed up this year but withdrew due to injury, coming from LA i found cheaper flights LAX - Ottawa and return, or even LAX -Ottawa and return through Montreal. Only a little further from Ottawa drive time according to the maps
Quote Reply
Re: travel to Mont Tremblant [ChrisM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ChrisM wrote:
I Was signed up this year but withdrew due to injury, coming from LA i found cheaper flights LAX - Ottawa and return, or even LAX -Ottawa and return through Montreal. Only a little further from Ottawa drive time according to the maps

Ottawa is a pretty cool town to visit too.
Quote Reply
Re: travel to Mont Tremblant [ChrisM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ChrisM wrote:

I didn't know you could fly LAX-Ottawa direct.....? Either way, was thinking of spending sometime in Montreal after the race, never been before

-------------------------------------------------------------
Tough Times Don't Last, Tough People Do.
Quote Reply
Re: travel to Mont Tremblant [TriSpencer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Our plan was going to be LAX to Ottawa, rent a car, drive to IMMT, stay a couple days post race then head to Quebec City for a few days, couple days in Montreal before flying home

Maybe 2022 at this point
Quote Reply