Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Delta waived bike fee. Sort of
Quote | Reply
So went to check my bike in at the Delta counter. The rep had no idea that fees had been waived so I asked him to call a supervisor. The supervisor confirmed that that fees were waived. Then they asked if I purchased my ticket after July 17 or not. If you purchased the ticket before July 17 you had to pay the fee. I said WTF, that makes no sense. More Airline BS. I asked them to call someone else. It was ridiculous based on timing of the ticket purchase. I eventually got them to waive the fee I made a stink because of my Diamond Status and Million Miler Status. Tried to pull out all the stops to save 150 bucks. Don’t be surprised if this happens to you.
Quote Reply
Re: Delta waived bike fee. Sort of [Triben32] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I went through the same thing last weekend going to Cleveland. Since my ticket was purchased before 7/17 when the changed the policy they tried to tell me that it was a $150 charge. I already had the page pulled up on my phone and there is no date limitation on the page so they waived it without argument after I had the supervisor involved.

Mike Plumb, TriPower MultiSports
Professional Running, Cycling and Multisport Coaching, F.I.S.T. Certified
http://www.tripower.org
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If they asked me when I purchased my ticket I'd assume they didn't know and I'd have said I bought it after that date whether I did or not.
Quote Reply
Re: Delta waived bike fee. Sort of [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah before I could think I said I don’t know when I purchased the damn ticket! I was more irritated
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Triben32 wrote:
So went to check my bike in at the Delta counter. The rep had no idea that fees had been waived so I asked him to call a supervisor. The supervisor confirmed that that fees were waived. Then they asked if I purchased my ticket after July 17 or not. If you purchased the ticket before July 17 you had to pay the fee. I said WTF, that makes no sense. More Airline BS. I asked them to call someone else. It was ridiculous based on timing of the ticket purchase. I eventually got them to waive the fee I made a stink because of my Diamond Status and Million Miler Status. Tried to pull out all the stops to save 150 bucks. Don’t be surprised if this happens to you.

Were you flying paid 1'st class or coach?

Just asking - I have the same status and find the service is much better when I buy 1'st class even with the status.
Quote Reply
Re: Delta waived bike fee. Sort of [B.McMaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had this situation on June 22nd. They refused to budge so I paid the $150 fee as my flight was getting ready to board.
Called customer service when I landed and the returned the $150. Ended out coming ahead as they should have still charged $30 so I’m pleased hah
Quote Reply
Re: Delta waived bike fee. Sort of [BGildenstern] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Goddamn it. I had the same thing happen but when I called customer service they found the obscure corner of the website where it said the ticket had to be purchased after July 17th and they did nothing for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
flew out yesterday, on american, the ticket counter agent reeeally wanted to charge me. "we used to charge $200." "but not now." "no. not now. but i had to check anyway. just protecting our interests." "yes. i'm just protecting our interests." i had a scan of the baggage policy printed.

interestingly, i chose for my wife and i our less hoity toity bike cases, because we could sneak it all in under 50 pounds. it's not easy getting the whole package under 50 pounds. we have a bike case that weighs 24lb, and another that ways 34lb. we're traveling with gravel bikes. no can do under 50lb with the nicer case.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thanks for posting this. I chatted with delta online about my flight and no luck, I too paid pre july. So i booked with tribike transport. Thanks for the heads up.
Quote Reply