Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

TT Skinsuit Recommendations
Quote | Reply
At a recent time trial, the zipper on my Sparx skinsuit would not work, and I had to pin my suit together with 15-20 safety pins. I almost missed my start time. I was really disappointed given this was only the second time I ever used the suit.

Any recommendations for a reliable, yet affordable, skinsuit? I prefer long sleeves but short on the legs. (I plan to buy two so that I can have one for backup in case this ever happens again.)
Quote Reply
Re: TT Skinsuit Recommendations [AZSkeptic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hard to look past Velotec.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have two that I like a lot (but I'm selling them because I'm getting out of the sport).

Castelli "Greater Than" Skinsuit has sleeves to the elbows and is a zip-together arrangement. Extremely comfortable, but not quite as aero at the front of the waist. It's designed to almost look like a jersey with shorts. New, it was about $180. Very reasonable for a professional-grade kit.

Castelli Body Paint Long Sleeve SpeedSuit is a great product. As expected, it's a chore to get into but, once you've got it on, it is very comfortable and fits like a second skin when you're in the extensions. Great suit. More "hard core" than the "Greater Than." You'll never mistake it for anything but a speedsuit. This one lists for about $230. A great deal for what it is.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
velotec and nopinz are hard to beat. Velotec for the price, Nopinz for the service.

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use both Velotec and Castelli Body Paint.

Velotec is cheaper and reportedly quite fast. I've used Castelli for years, but from now on...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1: BioRacer speedsuit - it’s the most comfortable suit I’ve worn, it’s fast and has a great chamois. Also check out the NoPinz version on the NP website

2: NoPinz - seems to be fast, custom tailoring options if that’s your thing, NO more pin holes!

3: VeloTec - fast suit and can’t really beat the pricing.

4: whatever fit is the best fitting with a chamois that works with your position and saddle.

Other notable mentions: Huub 4zero7 - if you have a real fast TT with low yaw angles, this suit might be for you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Skin suits perform differently on different people and there are also helmet/skinsuit interactions. However, given that you want one of each, I would get a Velotec and a either a NoPinz of BP3.3 Velotec is really a great suit for the price. NoPinz is also fast has the number pocket, which is nice. BP 3.3 is nice and MIGHT work better with a short tail helmet or higher position (this is a guess related to the heavily textured back that might be better at keeping airflow attached in lower pressure areas. No idea if it is really true).
Quote Reply
Re: TT Skinsuit Recommendations [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you for all the suggestions. I appreciate the feedback.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Which model Velotec?
Quote Reply
Re: TT Skinsuit Recommendations [FlashBazbo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FlashBazbo wrote:
I have two that I like a lot (but I'm selling them because I'm getting out of the sport).

Castelli "Greater Than" Skinsuit has sleeves to the elbows and is a zip-together arrangement. Extremely comfortable, but not quite as aero at the front of the waist. It's designed to almost look like a jersey with shorts. New, it was about $180. Very reasonable for a professional-grade kit.

Castelli Body Paint Long Sleeve SpeedSuit is a great product. As expected, it's a chore to get into but, once you've got it on, it is very comfortable and fits like a second skin when you're in the extensions. Great suit. More "hard core" than the "Greater Than." You'll never mistake it for anything but a speedsuit. This one lists for about $230. A great deal for what it is.

Beginning of last month I purchased Castelli Body Paint 3.3, flouro color, on sale for $160 bucks. Fits awesome! Does run a little hot with the long sleeves but I got some good times out of it. Really nice construction and quality.
Quote Reply