Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Looking for fast 40k in the fall (Olympic tri or tt?)
Quote | Reply
Hey yall,
Looking for a suggestion.

Anyone have some suggestions for a race with a fast 40k (or for that matter just a tt, i guess)

I was just over an hour at nationals, and have nothing on my calendar for the fall. Anyone with any suggestions on races where i might be able to go try to get a 59:xx

Thanks everyone
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for fast 40k in the fall (Olympic tri or tt?) [dcohen24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've got no real suggestions but it'd probably be helpful if you stated where you are interested in racing. I.e. if you are looking for a local race to you or if you're willing to travel (country/continent you are coming from or willing to travel to).

Without knowing where you are and if you have the approved bike I say find your nearest velodrome and try for an hour time.
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for fast 40k in the fall (Olympic tri or tt?) [loxx0050] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ha.. Velodrome sounds Unfun :)
I'm in nyc, but very happy to travel.

Just trying to figure out if there's a race (ideally tri) on a fast course. If not, I'll find something else.. Breaking an hour isn't the be all and end all... But if i can do it and have some fun in a race.. Great
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for fast 40k in the fall (Olympic tri or tt?) [dcohen24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well you said fast in your initial post....not that it necessarily had to be fun. I can't think of a consistently faster conditions than an indoor velodrome. You can't always count on little to no wind or favorable conditions even on a flat 40k course.

Good luck. I've also been wanting to for a few years do a pure 40k TT but haven't found/made the time to train properly for one (Also trying to break the hour mark but admittedly still pretty far off from it). If it wasn't for adult obligations and the injury bug maybe I could've already done it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dcohen24 wrote:
Anyone have some suggestions for a race with a fast 40k (or for that matter just a tt, i guess)
Record Challenge TT (40k). Moriarty, NM .https://newmexicosportsonline.com/...ime-Trial-2019/67987
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ya Moriarty is as fast a 40k as you will find. Flat , altitude, usually rather calm wind conditions and a wide turn-around. Fairly close to Albuquerque, so access isn’t too bad.

There had been some talk about the high altitude Statly TT is California being used this fall, but that is pretty much just a rumor I heard.
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for fast 40k in the fall (Olympic tri or tt?) [asgelle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
asgelle wrote:
dcohen24 wrote:

Record Challenge TT (40k). Moriarty, NM .https://newmexicosportsonline.com/...ime-Trial-2019/67987

And if the OP packs his bags in a hurry he can do the Double Eagle 20k TT in Albuquerque this Sun, and the State 30k TT in Belen the following Sunday, to get altitude adjusted and ready.
Quote Reply