Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Quarq DZero Firmware v10 - Anyone Upgraded? Any Issues?
Quote | Reply
I noticed last week that the Quarq DZero has a new firmware update (v10) that includes a new "MagicZero" auto-calibration feature (amongst other things) so I thought I'd upgrade and see how it works out. After much faffing around with the new SRAM AXS app I eventually managed to install it.

Unfortunately now I'm experiencing fairly regular power dropouts, for example in last night's turbo session:

This was recorded on my head-unit (Garmin Edge 820) so it could be an issue with that

Occasionally it also drops cadence at the same points, but mostly it's just the power. This was a TrainerRoad session so I was also recording on my computer and that shows some dropouts but not all of them, which makes it a bit of a conundrum. I replaced the Quarq battery only a few weeks ago, so I don't think it's a low ANT+ transmission power issue?

Has anyone else upgraded the this firmware and have you experienced any issues? Any ideas on what it could be?
Quote Reply
Re: Quarq DZero Firmware v10 - Anyone Upgraded? Any Issues? [awenborn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I upgraded Thursday night while troubleshooting some issues w/ bluetooth not working, but not seeing any dropouts. I was getting ANT+ signals on my Garmin, but no bluetooth on my phone when trying to use TrainerRoad. What I found was that the screw holding the battery compartment to the power meter was loose, likely from me replacing the battery a couple of times during troubleshooting.

Not the exact same symptoms as you, but maybe something to look at.
Quote Reply