Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Buy Greenland!!!! [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thatā€™s a long way of saying ā€œheā€™s an idiotā€

Heā€™s being universally slammed by Danes across their political aisles, and this trip was an official state visit after he was invited by Denmarkā€™s queen.

Iā€™m still waiting for the Ballwashers to chime in to defend all this nonsense.

Orphious - you at least must have a GIF for us? Donā€™t disappoint...
Quote Reply
Re: Buy Greenland!!!! [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
4. Distract attention from:

a) The gun control debate, in which Trump is scampering away from tighter background checks

Aside from the incredible lack of knowledge about Canada and Greenland on this thread, this is the main issue. Trump once again caved to the NRA and now, despite calling for "common sense" background checks, Trump is now saying you already have strong background checks. In other words, he is saying the exact opposite of what he said immediately after the recent shootings.

Trump is spineless.

That was really the question all along. Malignant narcissists always think they have a great plan, even though their plans almost universally suck hard. When they do one thing, they are actually angling for something else entirely. The US was obviously never buying Greenland. They weren't selling and we were never buying.

The only question was, in Trump's addled brain, what was the real plan and what was he trying to misdirect from.

The only way to deal with a malignant narcissist is to never deal with them. No good can come from it. Our problem is we somehow decided to deal with trump, now we have to figure out how to extract ourselves from him.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
Trump is spineless.

And yet his supporters believes he doesn't back down like all other presidents before him. Seriously, a guy told me that yesterday and I laughed.

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Quote Reply
Re: Buy Greenland!!!! [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
WelshinPhilly wrote:
Now look what's occurring:

https://www.walesoncraic.com/...to-buy-barry-island/

We shouldnā€™t be surprised. Vote a real estate developer into the White House - get a real estate developer president.

That article is satire. :) Though it's hard to tell sometimes with Trump.
Quote Reply
Re: Buy Greenland!!!! [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We'll be treated as liberators.

Sweeney wrote:
Just go take it;

https://www.sltrib.com/...ilbank-us-must-take/

ā€œRead the transcript.ā€
Quote Reply
Re: Buy Greenland!!!! [sslothrop] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sslothrop wrote:

Sweeney wrote:
Just go take it;

The great liberation! Maybe Ireland is for sale?
Quote Reply
Re: Buy Greenland!!!! [knewbike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
knewbike wrote:
sslothrop wrote:

Sweeney wrote:
Just go take it;

He read that Epstein had an island, so he wants a bigger one.

ā€œRead the transcript.ā€
Quote Reply
Re: Buy Greenland!!!! [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
WelshinPhilly wrote:
Now look what's occurring:

https://www.walesoncraic.com/...to-buy-barry-island/

We shouldnā€™t be surprised. Vote a real estate developer into the White House - get a real estate developer president.

That article is satire. :) Though it's hard to tell sometimes with Trump.

Yes, I got that. My comment was more about the Greenland thing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
knewbike wrote:
sslothrop wrote:

Sweeney wrote:
Just go take it;

No good, they're already hip to Trump over there. He owes too much money to Scotland over the golf courses.

Everywhere he goes, he leaves a trail of unpaid bills!

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! šŸ˜‚ '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: Buy Greenland!!!! [TheRef65] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheRef65 wrote:
Sanuk wrote:
Trump is spineless.

And yet his supporters believes he doesn't back down like all other presidents before him. Seriously, a guy told me that yesterday and I laughed.

Well he will mock a disabled person and insult someone by calling them fat. So there is that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:

Heā€™s being universally slammed by Danes across their political aisles, and this trip was an official state visit after he was invited by Denmarkā€™s queen.

Iā€™m still waiting for the Ballwashers to chime in to defend all this nonsense.

Guess I have to oblige...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The great liberation! Maybe Ireland is for sale?[/quote]
With the possible exception of Russia, North Korea, Israel and the U.S, no country in the world would elect Donald Trump and there is zero chance any would fall for his act, let alone allow him to buy any part of their country.

Now, back to rolling over for the NRA.
Quote Reply
Re: Buy Greenland!!!! [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Guffaw wrote:
Trump fails to grasp the basic concept that a nations leader can't just sell and transfer sovereignty over a territory at that leader's whim. There is a process - for a functioning democracy with a constitution this would likely require 2/3 or 3/4 majority approval by all legislative houses, approval of the executive, and even possibly a plebiscite.

I suspect Trump must have recently learned about the Louisiana or the Alaska Purchase. The subtle nuance that selling off part of the country was done by two absolute dictators - Emperor Napoleon and Czar Alexander II is lost on Trump. He wants to be those guys.

Trump seems to understand that if the Prime Minister of that country is dead set against the idea of selling or transferring sovereignty then it's not going through. If the Prime Minister was interested, then attempts to get the votes necessary for passage could be engaged.

There's so much that Trump "fails to grasp" that's right there in black and white that it seems weird to see folks going for stuff that is mostly in the imagination of the writer.
Quote Reply
Re: Buy Greenland!!!! [SH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The PM called the story about buying Greenland "absurd". ThinSkinnedDonnie says she was being "nasty" and that you "can't talk to the U.S. like that". He is some piece of work.
Quote Reply
Re: Buy Greenland!!!! [Harbinger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Harbinger wrote:
The PM called the story about buying Greenland "absurd". ThinSkinnedDonnie says she was being "nasty" and that you "can't talk to the U.S. like that". He is some piece of work.

I love how when called out on his stupidity he often hides behind the U.S., military, etc. No one is talking about the larger entity, they're talking about your stupidity, Donnie.
Quote Reply
Re: Buy Greenland!!!! [Harbinger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Harbinger wrote:

Hmm, almost like trump doesn't like it when a woman tells him no.
Quote Reply
Re: Buy Greenland!!!! [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
Harbinger wrote:

Hmm, almost like trump doesn't like it when a woman tells him no.

I thought he didn't care if a woman tells him no.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
With the possible exception of Russia, North Korea, Israel and the U.S, no country in the world would elect Donald Trump and there is zero chance any would fall for his act, let alone allow him to buy any part of their country.

Boris begs to differ.

''The enemy isn't conservatism. The enemy isn't liberalism. The enemy is bulls**t.''

ā€”Lars-Erik Nelson
Quote Reply
Re: Buy Greenland!!!! [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
Harbinger wrote:

I love how when called out on his stupidity he often hides behind the U.S., military, etc. No one is talking about the larger entity, they're talking about your stupidity, Donnie.

How the hell is this real? He expects them to be happy about being blindsided in the media that Trump thinks they should sell off a chunk of their country because "we protect them"?

It is in fact, absurd.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Kay Serrar wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:

Guess I have to oblige...

Quote Reply
Re: Buy Greenland!!!! [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
Harbinger wrote:

How the hell is this real? He expects them to be happy about being blindsided in the media that Trump thinks they should sell off a chunk of their country because "we protect them"?

It is in fact, absurd.

Trump: "I tell it like it is, and my supporters love that."
Danish PM tells it like it is.. Trump loses his shit.
Quote Reply
Re: Buy Greenland!!!! [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, except Trump never tells it like it is. He pretty much always does the opposite of telling it like it is.

He tells his supporters what they want to hear.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Buy Greenland!!!! [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Buy Greenland!!!! [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom Cotton is mad that people are wondering whether or not he is the dumbest man in the room.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/sen-tom-cotton-says-he-pitched-greenland-deal-to-denmark-last-year-11566515578

Sen. Tom Cotton Says He Pitched Greenland Deal to Denmark Last Year
Arkansas Republican proposed sale to Danish ambassador; says he also raised the issue with Trump

Quote Reply

Prev Next