Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Phoenix Real Estate
Quote | Reply
Oh, it's crazy here;

"Fewer than 13,000 homes are for sale in metro Phoenix, the lowest level since the start of a housing bubble 15 years ago, according to a Valley realtor.

“We only have 12,626 listings,” Diane Brennan of Coldwell Banker in Scottsdale told KTAR News 92.3 FM on Wednesday. That figure excludes homes under contract.

Brennan said the inventory hasn’t been this low since 2001.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: Phoenix Real Estate [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How have new housing starts been? Putting them up as fast as they can? When inventory dipped that low around here it was partly because developers could no longer profitably build.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Phoenix is a pretty awesome place to live. It should be hot. Isn’t everyone moving there? If not they totally should be.
Quote Reply
Re: Phoenix Real Estate [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:
How have new housing starts been? Putting them up as fast as they can? When inventory dipped that low around here it was partly because developers could no longer profitably build.

I had been coming out to Phoenix for 15+ years. I finally bought last year. Houses go up ASAP and they are not cheap. Lot's of us former California people moving in driving demand and we can afford to spend for extras because of the $$$$ we made in the CA market. A lot of potential first time buyers are being forced to rent or buy a condo because prices are rising.

Quote Reply
Re: Phoenix Real Estate [Moonrocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It’s 111 degrees there right now with a low of 83. That is insane
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh why didn’t we buy a 2 bd condo for $40K when I moved there for grad school.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry, it's too darn hot. It looks like the market has been a buyer's market for a year or two (final sale price below asking prices), not surprising that sellers who can, have pulled their properties off the market.
Quote Reply
Re: Phoenix Real Estate [Triocd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Triocd wrote:

Meh, it’s a little warm. I’ll wait till 6:30-ish to go for a bike ride.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Moonrocket wrote:
Phoenix is a pretty awesome place to live. It should be hot. Isn’t everyone moving there? If not they totally should be.

FIFY
i'm not a fan of the city itself but the proximity to stuff is pretty darn good.
i'm a fan of how close we are to SoCo, southern colorado. california...you can have it.

ΜΟΛΩΝ-ΛΑΒΕ
we're doomed
Quote Reply
Re: Phoenix Real Estate [Triocd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Triocd wrote:

I'm in the pool before breakfast every day. I've been here a year. The heat is more manageable than snow and ice BUT we do go through a lot of ice cubes.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
where'd you come from?
nice this is that in the winter, if you want snow and ice for fun, flag is only a few hours away. telluride is about 8-9.
winters here rock.

ΜΟΛΩΝ-ΛΑΒΕ
we're doomed
Quote Reply
Re: Phoenix Real Estate [oldandslow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I sold my house in Chandler about a year go. The market was good, we sold in about 2 weeks I guess, but it certainly was no bidding war or anything like that. Houses have to be priced right, marketed, and put in sellable condition. Maybe things have changed over the year but that was the situation last winter.

I lived in Tempe/Chandler for ~15 years. Of the places I've lived (Wisconsin, Houston, Olympia, San Diego, and now Beaverton, OR) it has its good and bad but it's probably one of the easier places to live. Cost of living is generally pretty reasonable. If you locate yourself well with respect to your daily travel needs, the road conditions are among the best in the country, especially for the size of city. While it is certainly hot in the summer, it never prevented me from doing all the biking, running, hiking, etc., that I wanted to do, you just have to plan to do it in the morning/evening. With limited rain you are rarely rained out of an activity. It has good proximity to some nice places to go for the weekends, and an excellent airport. The government is generally pretty pro-business so there has been a lot of growth there over the last 25 years or so, but there is a lot of space and employers are spread all over the valley, so you don't really have a situation like we have in Portland where there is intentionally limited housing growth and a bias against adding additional roadways - resulting in some pretty slow traffic (which I don't mind at all as I'm one of those anti-car nutjobs these days anyway).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Where does the water come from?

“Read the transcript.”
Quote Reply
Re: Phoenix Real Estate [Madduck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Madduck wrote:
Moonrocket wrote:

FIFY
i'm not a fan of the city itself but the proximity to stuff is pretty darn good.
i'm a fan of how close we are to SoCo, southern colorado. california...you can have it.

Seriously? Colorado sucks.

Everyone should move to Phoenix.
Quote Reply
Re: Phoenix Real Estate [sslothrop] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sslothrop wrote:
Where does the water come from?

4 reservoirs in the mountains around the city and the Colorado River. We send water to Nevada and California.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Moonrocket wrote:
Madduck wrote:
Moonrocket wrote:

FIFY

Seriously? Colorado sucks.

Everyone should move to Phoenix.

Denver sucks.
Boulder sucks.
The front range sucks.
Ouray doesn't suck.
The San Juan's don't suck.

ΜΟΛΩΝ-ΛΑΒΕ
we're doomed
Quote Reply