Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

what to eat 2 days before a race
Quote | Reply
I know this is last min but this sat. is going to be my most stressful races of the year. With only 2 days to go what is the best strategy for my diet during these last couple days and as the morning gets here…the race should last about an hour and half. Thank you for any tips or advice
Quote Reply
Re: what to eat 2 days before a race [bikeman12-1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you had nutritional issues before? 2 days before a race, I wouldn't even consider doing anything differently from what I usually eat. The day before I try to avoid salads or anything too spicy to make sure the AM poop goes according to plan and schedule, but other than that I don't change up my diet even the day before a race.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For a race that short, it doesn't really matter.
Quote Reply
Re: what to eat 2 days before a race [g_lev] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
g_lev wrote:
Have you had nutritional issues before? 2 days before a race, I wouldn't even consider doing anything differently from what I usually eat. The day before I try to avoid salads or anything too spicy to make sure the AM poop goes according to plan and schedule, but other than that I don't change up my diet even the day before a race.
thank you, no issues at all im just nervous and want to do all i can to perform my best
Quote Reply
Re: what to eat 2 days before a race [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jimatbeyond wrote:
For a race that short, it doesn't really matter.
thank you, im just wanting to make sure i do my best
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sushi. Then the night before eat Mexican. Morning of just eat a piece of toast with a little butter or jelly. That's how I BQed in March and that's how youll PR in 2 days.

Use this link to save $5 off your USAT membership renewal:
https://membership.usatriathlon.org/...A2-BAD7-6137B629D9B7
Quote Reply
Re: what to eat 2 days before a race [g_lev] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
g_lev wrote:
The day before I try to avoid salads or anything too spicy to make sure the AM poop goes according to plan and schedule, but other than that I don't change up my diet even the day before a race.

Four days of Mediterranean diet seems to help (https://www.sciencedaily.com/.../03/190306125351.htm).
Maybe two would help some?

I'm just the opposite of g_lev -- eating more veggies and less low fiber foods the days before seems to raise my energy level. Then again, I usually eat pretty high fiber (and spicy) foods and often get up early, so maybe that helps?
Quote Reply
Re: what to eat 2 days before a race [AlyraD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AlyraD wrote:
Sushi. Then the night before eat Mexican. Morning of just eat a piece of toast with a little butter or jelly. That's how I BQed in March and that's how youll PR in 2 days.
Thanks, I love Mexican food
Quote Reply
Re: what to eat 2 days before a race [jstonebarger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jstonebarger wrote:
g_lev wrote:
The day before I try to avoid salads or anything too spicy to make sure the AM poop goes according to plan and schedule, but other than that I don't change up my diet even the day before a race.

Four days of Mediterranean diet seems to help (https://www.sciencedaily.com/.../03/190306125351.htm).
Maybe two would help some?

I'm just the opposite of g_lev -- eating more veggies and less low fiber foods the days before seems to raise my energy level. Then again, I usually eat pretty high fiber (and spicy) foods and often get up early, so maybe that helps?
There is a Greek restaurant that I love, I will go there for lunch tomorrow...thanks so much
Quote Reply