Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Dem Reps Omar and Tlaib barred from Israel at Trump's Urging [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
To most everybody else, she looks like an ass, and in turn shades all democrats at antisemite asses.

Are all Republicans shaded as anti-Mexican/Muslim when Trump tweets or comments at his rallies about them?

I've it on good authority that the answer is a resounding 'yes' and that, furthermore, there is a nexus with AR15s, Christianity and an eagerness to place the $ over every aspect of our environment.

/r

Steve
Quote Reply
Re: Dem Reps Omar and Tlaib barred from Israel at Trump's Urging [efernand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
efernand wrote:
Quote:
No, it doesn't but stay classy as always.

And now you are on the antisemite list for defending her. Congratulations.

What the fuck are you talking about?

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Quote Reply
Re: Dem Reps Omar and Tlaib barred from Israel at Trump's Urging [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
To most everybody else, she looks like an ass, and in turn shades all democrats at antisemite asses.

Are all Republicans shaded as anti-Mexican/Muslim when Trump tweets or comments at his rallies about them?

It only works one way. He wasn't able to read my previous post where I said I couldn't support her and have never tried to defend her but whatever. In fact, I didn't even try to find an equivalence, no whataboutism. Damn, I must be slipping.

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:

IDK... but you think it already... so I think all democrats are antisemite asses.

Quote Reply
Re: Dem Reps Omar and Tlaib barred from Israel at Trump's Urging [dave_w] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dave_w wrote:
So Israel backed off somewhat and offered to allow Tlaib to visit her grammy in the West Bank, but Tlaib now says no thanks because she could not respect the conditions, conditions that she said she was good with earlier.
“I would like to request admittance to Israel in order to visit my relatives, and specifically my grandmother, who is in her 90s and lives in Beit Ur al-Fouqa,” Tlaib wrote in her letter to Deri, according to the Jerusalem Post.
“This could be my last opportunity to see her. I will respect any restrictions and will not promote boycotts against Israel during my visit,” she added.
-
https://nypost.com/...family-in-west-bank/

https://nypost.com/...umanitarian-grounds/

Considering their official itinerary said Palestine, and said nothing of meeting with Israeli officials to actually understand anything...what was the point of giving them photo ops with Terries?

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Dem Reps Omar and Tlaib barred from Israel at Trump's Urging [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
not to you specifically StroBro --

the Dems, thanks to zero cohesion, lost the opportunity to make and hold an important point about statesmanship.

Tlaib's (totally predictable) posturing shouldn't be the story.

Identity politics is overwhelming messaging and the lack of discipline is going to keep them on the back foot. SMH
Quote Reply
Re: Dem Reps Omar and Tlaib barred from Israel at Trump's Urging [kiki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kiki wrote:

the Dems, thanks to zero cohesion, lost the opportunity to make and hold an important point about statesmanship.

Identity politics is overwhelming messaging and the lack of discipline is going to keep them on the back foot. SMH

-
Well Trump involved himself in an ally's internal decision-making, and agitated against US congress-persons because he does not like them...Israel acquiesced, then pulled back somewhat. Looks like losers all around, but Trump thinks he won, maybe Tlaib as well. Pretty messed up.
Last edited by: dave_w: Aug 18, 19 4:46
Quote Reply
Re: Dem Reps Omar and Tlaib barred from Israel at Trump's Urging [kiki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kiki wrote:

Democrats began the identity politics trend that is destroying our Nation.

These two? They're not supportive of US policy, which is support of Israel. Try being an Israeli and these two dropouts are flying literally for a photo op with people who lob rockets at schools and use hospitals as launch and munitions sites. Israel Withdrew from Gaza almost 20 years and still gets rockets and shells over the border.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Dem Reps Omar and Tlaib barred from Israel at Trump's Urging [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:

Just curious when you think this started.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
kiki wrote:

These two? They're not supportive of US policy, which is support of Israel. Try being an Israeli and these two dropouts are flying literally for a photo op with people who lob rockets at schools and use hospitals as launch and munitions sites. Israel Withdrew from Gaza almost 20 years and still gets rockets and shells over the border.

Was it high school or college they dropped out of?
Quote Reply
Re: Dem Reps Omar and Tlaib barred from Israel at Trump's Urging [scorpio516] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
scorpio516 wrote:
TheStroBro wrote:
kiki wrote:

please look up the meaning to drop out and get back to us..
Quote Reply
Re: Dem Reps Omar and Tlaib barred from Israel at Trump's Urging [spntrxi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spntrxi wrote:
scorpio516 wrote:
TheStroBro wrote:
kiki wrote:

Umm,.....

Definition of dropout
(Entry 1 of 2)
1a: one who drops out of school

an act or instance of dropping out.
a student who withdraws before completing a course of instruction.
a student who withdraws from high school after having reached the legal age to do so.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: Dem Reps Omar and Tlaib barred from Israel at Trump's Urging [patentattorney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
patentattorney wrote:
Quote:

Just curious when you think this started.

It might be a good idea to look up the definition of 'identity politics' as well
Quote Reply
Re: Dem Reps Omar and Tlaib barred from Israel at Trump's Urging [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
[

Umm,.....

Definition of dropout
(Entry 1 of 2)

a student who withdraws from high school after having reached the legal age to do so.

hmmm figures you would only choose the part that makes your point... there is also :

one who has rejected conventional society to pursue an alternative lifestyle.
Quote Reply
Re: Dem Reps Omar and Tlaib barred from Israel at Trump's Urging [spntrxi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spntrxi wrote:
slowguy wrote:
[

Umm,.....

Definition of dropout
(Entry 1 of 2)

hmmm figures you would only choose the part that makes your point... there is also :

More words please. I am unclear what alternative lifestyle they are pursuing. We don't have to be subtle here. This is a safe space, you can say what you actually mean.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Dem Reps Omar and Tlaib barred from Israel at Trump's Urging [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
^ just saying... sure high school, college.. etc is the common def.. but actually its any line of "study"... I dont even remember who was calling them dropouts anymore.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
spntrxi wrote:
scorpio516 wrote:
TheStroBro wrote:
kiki wrote:

A momentary defect on a magnetic tape or disk caused by a temporary loss of signal?
A U-shaped slot at the end of a fork on a bicycle, made to receive the axle and enabling the wheel to be changed rapidly?
A drop kick made by a defending team within it's 25 yard line as a result of a touchdown or of the ball's having touched or gone outside of a touch-in line or the dead ball line?
One who abandons an election?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Still on top of the page 4 days later.

Which one is running for president?
Quote Reply
Re: Dem Reps Omar and Tlaib barred from Israel at Trump's Urging [knewbike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
knewbike wrote:

Why does it matter if they are running for President or not?
Quote Reply
Re: Dem Reps Omar and Tlaib barred from Israel at Trump's Urging [orphious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
orphious wrote:
knewbike wrote:

Why does it matter if they are running for President or not?

They seem super important to draw so much attention.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
spntrxi wrote:
slowguy wrote:
[

Umm,.....

Definition of dropout
(Entry 1 of 2)

First, it wasn’t my point.

Second, if you’re going to be snarky and suggest someone look up a definition, you don’t also get to be snarky when the obvious common definition is repeated back for you. If you ask any ten random Americans what a ”dropout” in reference to a person, at least 9 of them are going to mention leaving school early.

Third, Rep Tlaib went to college, then law school, then worked in State congress and now is a US Congresswoman. Rep Omar’s story is very similar, except that she started as an immigrant before going to college and then into politics, including State House and then Congress. Exactly what conventional society have these two “dropped out of?”

Im not a particular fan of either woman, but just because you don’t like their politics doesn’t mean they’re pursuing an alternative lifestyle.

Let’s face it, you said something stupid. Just own it.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: Dem Reps Omar and Tlaib barred from Israel at Trump's Urging [dave_w] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dave_w wrote:
Well Trump involved himself in an ally's internal decision-making, and agitated against US congress-persons because he does not like them...Israel acquiesced, then pulled back somewhat. Looks like losers all around, but Trump thinks he won, maybe Tlaib as well. Pretty messed up.

This is an important post, because it gets at what is important here without all the other children squealing in the background in this forum topic.

The POTUS is using his position as a statesman with other countries to score political points. So did she. She lost any high ground by asking to see dear old grandmother, then refusing the updated invite. I would have accepted the invite, then gotten myself kicked out on purpose by defying the agreement once I got there.
Quote Reply
Re: Dem Reps Omar and Tlaib barred from Israel at Trump's Urging [Culley22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Culley22 wrote:
chaparral wrote:
Sure. They don't want to acknowledge "the land of the Jews", so he spins into hating all Jews.

Israel does not represent all jews and it is very dangerous to imply that, it is a historic anti-semitic trope.

Why is it dangerous to imply that?

It would seem many Jewish groups agree with chaparral:
“If this is about Israel, then Trump is repeating a dual loyalty claim, which is a form of anti-Semitism. If this is about Jews being 'loyal' to him, then Trump needs a reality check", Halie Soifer, executive director of the Jewish Democratic Council of America, wrote on Twitter.

Jonathan Greenblatt, the head of the Anti-Defamation League, said "charges of disloyalty have long been used to attack Jews", while the American Jewish Committee described the remark as "inappropriate, unwelcome and downright dangerous".

As reported in the latest article from the BBC reporting on Trump’s attempts to paint Democratic Jews as being disloyal.
Last edited by: JerseyBigfoot: Aug 21, 19 0:45
Quote Reply

Prev Next