Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

"You ever hear the word? Nobody ever heard of it before"
Quote | Reply
So Trump has never heard of emoluments. Indeed, nobody has ever heard of it before. It's probably a fake word.

So far so stupid. The sub-script is he is relying on his supporters to be pretty stupid, again. But they seem not to mind.

Seriously, if you hoped to become, or actually became President of the USA, wouldn't you at least scan the Constitution, & give yourself some passing familiarity with its contents?

If you couldn't rise to that effort, wouldn't you at least ask an educated person if there was anything therein that you might need to be aware of?

And if you weren't prepared to do that, and big words were not your forté, wouldn't you at least have a sense that there might somewhere be some legal restrictions against bribing the President?

And if all this has finally been described to you by lawyers required to defend you, mightn't you at least acknowledge the principle and rationale of the emoluments clause, and make some effort to respect it?

Not Trump. He still feels entitled to profit from foreign governments while in office, because even with the bribes, after paying for lawyers he's going to lose about $5 billion. That's some pricey lawyers. If the Sauds, Russians or Chinese do pay him another $5 billion in bribes then that's barely a break-even proposition for him, so it's all good.

Sheesh. He can still disappoint, daily. That's what keeps the romance alive.

https://www.nbcnews.com/...p-s-company-n1042031
Quote Reply
Re: "You ever hear the word? Nobody ever heard of it before" [Bone Idol] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
But, but, but, what about The Law?

If someone has the option of just ignoring The Law and doing what the hell they want then what is to stop them? When does it stop them? Can they carry on doing what they want forever?

Is it another case (Fuck i hope so) of like Lance, or Michael Jackson, or the #Metoo guy, where eventually they run out of road and actually get prosecuted?
Quote Reply
Re: "You ever hear the word? Nobody ever heard of it before" [Bone Idol] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
he's all about the loophole. Rules are for losers.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don’t recall ever hearing the term before but so what? It clearly exists for a good reason.

Trump has the worst ethics. Sad.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's clear he cheated his way through UPenn.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It is amazing the astoundingly stupid things Twump says with regularity. They are only eclipsed by the astoundingly absurd lies he makes up. What a fucking tool he is. The worst modern day president ever.
Quote Reply
Re: "You ever hear the word? Nobody ever heard of it before" [Harbinger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Harbinger wrote:
It is amazing the astoundingly stupid things Twump says with regularity. They are only eclipsed by the astoundingly absurd lies he makes up. What a fucking tool he is. The worst modern day human ever.

FIFY
Quote Reply
Re: "You ever hear the word? Nobody ever heard of it before" [Harbinger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Harbinger wrote:
It is amazing the astoundingly stupid things Twump says with regularity. They are only eclipsed by the astoundingly absurd lies he makes up. What a fucking tool he is. The worst modern day president ever.

History will not be kind to him and he will blame it one everyone else.

A poll published in Feb ranks him at 42... 3rd from the bottom based upon 20 different measures.

He was ranked last in Integrity, Intelligence, Background, and Overall Ability and second to last in Party Leadership, Relationship with Congress and Communication Ability.

And among modern Presidents he was the worst.

Likely just opinions of haters and losers.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: "You ever hear the word? Nobody ever heard of it before" [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was listening to an old podcast about the complicated situation in Syria. Made me think there’s no way Trump understands this.

Has he ever demonstrated that he has any sort of sophisticated knowledge of anything?
Quote Reply
Re: "You ever hear the word? Nobody ever heard of it before" [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
I was listening to an old podcast about the complicated situation in Syria. Made me think there’s no way Trump understands this.

Has he ever demonstrated that he has any sort of sophisticated knowledge of anything?

Clearly he is a genius in how to excite his ball washers and most elected members of the Republican party to make excuses or overlook his many shortcomings and failures. And what ever he did to Lindsey Graham to make him go from critic to his biggest fan is nothing short of amazing- but that is more likely to Graham trying to be relevant than anything Trump did.

Perhaps that is changing. The most recent Fox News poll has him at near record disapproval ratings and that was before the market took a 800 point drop yesterday.

The must have polled only haters and losers. You can't trust those polls.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is just more evidence that Republicans should never be taken seriously when they talk about protecting the constitution. When they say that, the only response left is just to laugh.
Quote Reply
Re: "You ever hear the word? Nobody ever heard of it before" [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
On the bright side, your nightmare is soon coming to an end. He'll be out of office in just a little over five years.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: "You ever hear the word? Nobody ever heard of it before" [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
This is just more evidence that Republicans should never be taken seriously when they talk about protecting the constitution. When they say that, the only response left is just to laugh.

And while we’re at it we get to laugh when they talk about debt, deficits, family values, the importance of honesty, nepotism, vacation time, self-dealing, a revolving-door cabinet, under-qualified/unqualified appointees, relations with adversarial powers, offending our allies...
Quote Reply
Re: "You ever hear the word? Nobody ever heard of it before" [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
H- wrote:
On the bright side, your nightmare is soon coming to an end. He'll be out of office in just a little over five years.

I notice that you do not actually address my criticism.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't think I can be of any help to someone talking about taking politicians seriously. ;)

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bone Idol wrote:
So Trump has never heard of emoluments. Indeed, nobody has ever heard of it before. It's probably a fake word.

Sheesh. He can still disappoint, daily. That's what keeps the romance alive.

https://www.nbcnews.com/...p-s-company-n1042031

It's a brave new world we live in. Our President brags of his ignorance and says everyone is pretty much as stupid as he is. Good times.
Quote Reply
Re: "You ever hear the word? Nobody ever heard of it before" [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:

Demonstrated? Er, no. But claimed, incessantly:

Trump: “The truth is that I’m a very modest person......It’s true.â€

Coupled with his increasing habit of flat-out lying about easily verified facts, the chasm between the world according to Trump and reality couldn't be greater.

I enjoyed this one recently. Trump claimed credit for the Veterans Choice Bill that was signed into law by Obama in 2014.

"We passed VA Choice" "They've been trying to get that passed also for about 44 years"

trump-touts-passing-va-bill-that-passed-under-obama

Such a blatant, self-serving lie. Pretty damn easy to check, for those with nostalgia for the truth.

But his supporters don't care. Yay Trump. Only he could do that. He abolished slavery. He was the first man on the moon. He knows more about everything than anybody. Only an enemy of the American people would say otherwise.

I'm sure the average North Korean exercises more skepticism about their Supreme Leader than Trump's supporters do about him.
Quote Reply