Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Quit Caffeine cold turkey again today
Quote | Reply
Was fine until half an hour ago and now have a massive headache
Quote Reply
Re: Quit Caffeine cold turkey again today [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quitter.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Been there man. Caffeine withdrawal can be a bitch. Could take a day, could take a week. I've gone off caffeine cold turkey probably 5x in the last ten years. It seems the most I can tolerate in a day is 50-100mg before I start getting swings in energy, headaches, difficulty sleeping, etc. My problem is that I have a hard time regulating my intake. 50mg at breakfast quickly becomes 250mg throughout the course of a day. I just like coffee and tea ¯\_(ツ)_/ ¯
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good luck. I am trying to taper myself. Since I don’t drink coffee I get my fix in the form of sweet, sugary, bubbilicious Coca Cola. Just typing the last sentence is making me thirsty ...

drn92
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like coffee. Favorite beverage.

I've quit and then realized that it sucks.

So I go back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't you drink an obscene amount of energy drinks? That would be hard to kick.

I quit caffeine a few months ago. The first week, I was completely useless. Week after was more manageable. Now I'm fine. I have two cups of decaf in the morning (I like the taste of coffee, and it's nice having a cup while taking the dog out in the morning) and that's about it (rum and Coke or rye and Coke are the exceptions, of course).

On occasion, like when my kid forgets how to sleep, I'll grab a cup of the full test, and the effect is very noticeable now.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Last edited by: BCtriguy1: Aug 13, 19 19:09
Quote Reply
Re: Quit Caffeine cold turkey again today [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Little-Sweet..... Justin Guarini says....don't you dare get off the caff.

Team Zoot-Texas, and Pickle Juice
Quote Reply
Re: Quit Caffeine cold turkey again today [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
//run and Coke //

How do you snort coke while you run? That seems challenging.
Quote Reply
Re: Quit Caffeine cold turkey again today [JD21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JD21 wrote:
//run and Coke //

How do you snort coke while you run? That seems challenging.

What can I say, I am a man of many talents!

In all seriousness though, considering I have a hard time handling caffeine, I don't think cocaine would agree well with me :-).

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: Quit Caffeine cold turkey again today [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:
Don't you drink an obscene amount of energy drinks? That would be hard to kick.

I quit caffeine a few months ago. The first week, I was completely useless. Week after was more manageable. Now I'm fine. I have two cups of decaf in the morning (I like the taste of coffee, and it's nice having a cup while taking the dog out in the morning) and that's about it (rum and Coke or rye and Coke are the exceptions, of course).

On occasion, like when my kid forgets how to sleep, I'll grab a cup of the full test, and the effect is very noticeable now.

No energy drinks are really bad for you.

I just drink a lot of fluid generally. I tried to limit my caffeine to 40 to 80 ounces of coke zero a day, water joe, or other before noon. And then switched to plain water
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's about 250mg of caffeine per day which is... about five cups of coffee? Not absurd but the come down will be rough for at least a few days.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well without any more info, I've got to assume this was a stupid arbitrary decision, medically advised, or whatever. Best wishes.

Coffee is one of my food groups until instructed otherwise or I die.
Quote Reply
Re: Quit Caffeine cold turkey again today [zed707] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Amen. I intend to quit caffeine shortly after I draw my last breath... Wait. Idea! I'll get them to embalm me with coffee. I'll live for another 20 years

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
  Soooo, you're saying that you might be a little grumpy, and your posts might get a rough edge? ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Quit Caffeine cold turkey again today [zed707] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zed707 wrote:
Well without any more info, I've got to assume this was a stupid arbitrary decision, medically advised, or whatever. Best wishes.

Coffee is one of my food groups until instructed otherwise or I die.

Did it on a whim. Have not been sleeping great of late so decided to cut out caffeine
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you savage. why would you do that?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think we have a different definition of quit if you’ve done it before.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

But seriously, why would you go cold turkey? Cold turkey leads to failure. Wean yourself off the blessed substance over time. Start with a period (perhaps a week or two) of half-decaf coffee(s). Then reduce from there. I failed after going cold turkey multiple times, but after weaning myself I'm now at a steady rate of one half-decaf cup a morning, with one cheat Diet Dr. Pepper on Friday afternoons.

Best of luck.

War is god
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
life's too short
just drink the damn coffee
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Taper is much easier. I did it over the course of a few months. I grind my own coffee and dont drink coffee out of the house, so it was easy to just slowly substitute decaf into the mix, 1 bean at a time.
Quote Reply