Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 41 - AG Triathlete Journey to IM - Training Diary [Masnart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Current weight is down to 193..plan to keep dropping as it makes running easier for sure. Problem is trying to lose all the muscle from crossfit...
Quote Reply
Re: 41 - AG Triathlete Journey to IM - Training Diary [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
Vegaskid wrote:
Training and racing still going strong. Into my 9th week of the Full IM plan.

you've still got 6 months to Galveston and a little more to IMTX and it really only takes 12 weeks to prepare... consider what to do with all that time.

I have about three weeks left on the base phase and then I'm probably going to do either another base or possibly another cycling plan to keep working on endurance. The build and Specialty phases are 8 weeks each respectively which gives me a little bit of time to plan for the upcoming races
Quote Reply
Re: 41 - AG Triathlete Journey to IM - Training Diary [Vegaskid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As a big dude who did his first 70.3 this summer, I’m all in on this thread. Love your attitude towards all the naysayers. Keep grinding.
Last edited by: Jgoehri1: Oct 29, 19 17:41
Quote Reply
Re: 41 - AG Triathlete Journey to IM - Training Diary [Jgoehri1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Finished the TR Full Distance Mid vol plan. Felt it was a very nice mix of sweet spot and threshold work. Even though I only followed the bike portion of the plan, I had plenty of energy left to do my swim and running workouts. The long rides 3+hr were a bit much at first, but I got used to it like anything else.

Decided to go with a Sustained Build mid vol program in lieu of the half full vol because I think it would better address my cycling weaknesses. This will get me through the next 8 weeks and then I'll do the half specific plan prior to Galveston in April.

Moving forward, focus will be on bike and weight loss.

Also did a half marathon for fun. Really enjoyed the race and it thought me a lot about pacing and RPE. Had a goal of 1:40, and ended up 1:37. Not to bad for a big guy slowly shrinking...

Overall, 92 of 1260
M 40-44, 15 of 113
Pace: 7:25/mi

*Garmin has my 1/2 marathon PR at 1:36.
Quote Reply

Prev Next