Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Garmin 735xt
Quote | Reply
Hey does anyone who has a 735xt have HR spikes using the built-in monitor? I have seen it just spike to the high 150's or 160's seemingly out of the blue. Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks.

"see the world as it is not as you want it to be"
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 735xt [TizzleDK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds like cadence lock. Try tightening the watch strap a bit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TizzleDK wrote:
Hey does anyone who has a 735xt have HR spikes using the built-in monitor? I have seen it just spike to the high 150's or 160's seemingly out of the blue. Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks.

Are you seeing the spikes when you watch it on the watch or in connect?

I just checked my last few days, and I don't see any spikes in connect. I watched my HR on it for a minute or two and didn't see any spikes, but don't typically look at my heart rate on the watch unless I'm working out.

Do the spikes get tagged as your High heart rate for the day?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ditto above regarding cadence lock. I quit using wrist HR a few years ago because of cadence lock on my 735XT.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 735xt [dfroelich] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What's cadence lock?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TizzleDK wrote:
What's cadence lock?

Where it's reporting your running cadence instead of your heart rate. It's easier to notice at lower efforts because most folks running cadence is in the 150-170 range (the jump is the telltale sign).

Tighter band (less bouncing) and additional time before you start moving (more time for the algorithm to pick up what your HR waveform looks like) can help, but some people have worse luck with optical HRMs, especially wrist based ones.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 735xt [andrewjshults] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok thanks for the info!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The wrist HR run higher than the chest strap HR and it spikes. Take the wrist HR with a grain of salt. The chest strap is spot on.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 735xt [Scottxs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks...thats i thought I would hear.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My 935 reports my HR as about 80bpm high for the 1st mile, then comes down to normal. I hate it. If I forget to wear my chest strap, it gives me a new Max HR and resets all my training zones.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oddly, yes. It started about a week ago it started. Its not when I'm running but simply just walking around doing something in the house. I have been restarting the watch and it seems to go away, not sure if its a software issue.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 735xt [AndysStrongAle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Weird

Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 735xt [Spartan420] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That sucks...

Quote Reply