Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IMMT & USAT card?
Quote | Reply
I received an email from Ironman today stating that I needed my USAT card for registration. Is this true? I don't remember needing it in 2017. Any insight would be appreciated as I let my membership lapse since I didn't think I would be using it this season. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: IMMT & USAT card? [RussL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seems unlikely since USA Triathlon won't have an oversight function at a Canadian race.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in the exact same situation. I sent an email to IM. We'll see if they respond back today/tomorrow.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Could the USAT card save you a one-day license fee in Canada?
Quote Reply
Re: IMMT & USAT card? [FatandSlow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FatandSlow wrote:
Could the USAT card save you a one-day license fee in Canada?

It did not vor Victoria 70.3

It would be great if being a member of USAT meant we didn't have to pay a 1 day fee to race in another country.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had to buy a one day Canadian license at Whistler.
Quote Reply
Re: IMMT & USAT card? [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Was the license fee part of your registration or did you have to pay on site? Thanks for the info!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks. Figured I was wrong, but thought it worth asking.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It would be great is being a member of Triathlon Canada meant I didn't always have to buy a one day USAT license when I race in the States. The triathlon federations used to have a reciprocal agreement many years ago. I don't know what happened!
Quote Reply
Re: IMMT & USAT card? [driver_ian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
driver_ian wrote:
The triathlon federations used to have a reciprocal agreement many years ago. I don't know what happened!

They realized there was $$ to be made from a different arrangement?

Munq
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just registered today for next year. I didn’t see a place to purchase the one day fee. I did read that you had to be a Canadian resident to buy the Tribc one day. Did you just fork over the $15Can the day you picked up your packet? Or was there another option I missed? Thanks!!!
Quote Reply
Re: IMMT & USAT card? [Jgill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IIRC when I registered there was a box or a small blurb that said check here if you're not a Canadian Tri member and that added it to the fee.
It's been a long time since I registered for this year's race. Not racing it in 2020 sadly

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Email from IM:

"We are so sorry, they used a message from USA races...
NO in Canada we do not need USAT, the Triathlon Quebec one day pass is included in your registraton.
So you are good to go.
See you soon!"
Quote Reply
Re: IMMT & USAT card? [bearlyfinish] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes I got that message as well. Thank you all for the help!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've done that race several times....I believe you could purchase a one day Canadian license when you registered.. I think it was $15. I also remember not remembering if I had done that:) Look back through your emails....check your registration. There should be an indication if you paid for it, and also a second email specifically for the one day license. Good luck!
Quote Reply
Re: IMMT & USAT card? [driver_ian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FYI

We raced IM Ireland this year and did not have to pay the one day fee because we were USAT members.
Quote Reply