Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Nice Swim [sch340] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, it was wetsuit legal today.
Quote Reply
Re: Nice Swim [stahop] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When it shouldn't have been. Water temperature was above 76.1 but they made sure to appease the masses especially since it was rather cool in the morning compared to other days.

One day they will have a real World Championship! I will say that the bike course was not easy. Maybe next year they will allow ebikes to even out the wetsuit swims and allow roller blades for the run just so every discipline has some for of cheating allowed.
Quote Reply
Re: Nice Swim [2brokenhips] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is a cold current perpendicular to shore near the finish line that I swam through a bunch of times. I bet they took the temp there.

Aside from the impending overheating in the water tomorrow, did anyone think the men's check in was a complete disaster today? I came around 4 and had to wait in line for almost an hour in the sun. They had 3 lines for 3000+ athletes and they were being super obnoxious about checking your race belt to make sure it was secured at 3 points, amongst other things, and acted like it was our problem.

Anyway, should be an epic race tomorow, good luck to everyone racing!

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Nice Swim [sch340] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Welcome to any sort of racing in France! I’ve been here a few times to race (cars as well) and it’s always a disaster. I reminded myself numerous times before coming here to stay calm.

But I agree, wearing helmet, race belt, checking the attachments points, etc. Not to mention the amount of walking from not so efficient entry/exist points was less than ideal.

After that it’s a great city and the climb is pretty epic!

Scott
Quote Reply
Re: Nice Swim [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
dtoce wrote:
Dixon clearly stated in the pre-podcast talk that it was 'almost guarenteed to not be wetsuit legal, but prepare for both'.

i'm not there and i have no idea what the temp is. but i think every time i've ever heard a statement like the one you quoted, the race turned out to be wetsuit legal. "almost guaranteed to e wetsuit illegal," translated into race organizer speak, means "65 percent likely to be wetsuit legal."

i am not in nice, but it appears my streak remains intact.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Nice Swim [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry to say that your streak was broken today for the AG men. To my utter and complete disbelief the measured water temp was 78. I was happy about that for sure, if I were a betting man I would have laid 10-1 against that happening

Slowman wrote:
Slowman wrote:
dtoce wrote:
Dixon clearly stated in the pre-podcast talk that it was 'almost guarenteed to not be wetsuit legal, but prepare for both'.

i'm not there and i have no idea what the temp is. but i think every time i've ever heard a statement like the one you quoted, the race turned out to be wetsuit legal. "almost guaranteed to e wetsuit illegal," translated into race organizer speak, means "65 percent likely to be wetsuit legal."

i am not in nice, but it appears my streak remains intact.

Strava
Quote Reply

Prev Next