Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bottom Bracket Suggestion for Cervelo Aspero
Quote | Reply
I'm building up an Aspero to be an "all-road" bike and am looking for bottom bracket suggestions. I'm leaning towards Wheels Mfg but don't know much about bottom brackets. Here's what I'm planning on building:
  • Aspero frameset (58)
  • 1x
  • Sram Force AXS w/ Eagle AXS rear derailleur
  • 10-50 cassette
  • Force Dub 44T cranks

The Aspero is a BBRight shell so I'm assuming I just need a BBRight BB that fits the Force Dub spindle size. Is is that simple or are there other BB configurations I should be considering?

Thanks for the help.
Quote Reply
Re: Bottom Bracket Suggestion for Cervelo Aspero [drp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's that simple.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DUB was developed to shift the chain line relative to standard GXP so it effects the drive chain choice. The Aspero is designed to run DUB with 1x12 or GXP with 1x11. So according to your spec sheet you should go with the DUB standard.

The DUB cranks have a very odd spindle diameter and BBRight is quirky so your only real option is a SRAM DUB BB for BBRight. Wheels Mfg makes a threaded one whereas SRAM has a pressfit option but it is a very specific geometry so you don't have to many option.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BBInfinite DUB. BBright is an excellent product. Costs a bit more than the WheelsMfg, and the ceramic (which you don't need) is really pricey, but I have used both and found the BBright a better product. Better fit, and I have never had a creak - ever - in a bbright, which I have on every bike I own. I just built a hardtail (AXS dub) and then brand new SRAM dub was creaking. Put a BBright DUB in there and haven't heard a creak since. Wheels might have been the same for a lower cost, but I definitely trust BBRight. That's just my two cents.
Quote Reply
Re: Bottom Bracket Suggestion for Cervelo Aspero [seeyouincourt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is this the one you are talking about?

https://www.bbinfinite.com/...riant=20382215274555

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Bottom Bracket Suggestion for Cervelo Aspero [Chemist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That’s the one.

If you are unsure you can email them. They are super responsive.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So I went with the BBInfinite BB and have installed the Force 1 AXS crankset (44T). In looking at the SRAM manual it looks like I'm supposed to add a 3mm spacer to the drive side of the cranks but I'm not sure I'm reading the SRAM table correctly. My LBS has been slow to respond to my request for assistance (or I'm just impatient) so I thought I'd ask the resident experts here. With the 44T chainring and no spacer(s) it is very close to the frame with the bearing preload properly adjusted...like 2mm. So, a 3mm spacer seems reasonable.

What do the experts say?

SRAM crankset manual:

https://www.servicearchive.sram.com/...tom_brackets_eeu.pdf
Quote Reply
Re: Bottom Bracket Suggestion for Cervelo Aspero [seeyouincourt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
seeyouincourt wrote:
BBInfinite DUB. BBright is an excellent product. Costs a bit more than the WheelsMfg, and the ceramic (which you don't need) is really pricey, but I have used both and found the BBright a better product. Better fit, and I have never had a creak - ever - in a bbright, which I have on every bike I own. I just built a hardtail (AXS dub) and then brand new SRAM dub was creaking. Put a BBright DUB in there and haven't heard a creak since. Wheels might have been the same for a lower cost, but I definitely trust BBRight. That's just my two cents.

It might reduce confusion for future viewers if you changed these to BBInfinite. The manufacturers just keep rolling out new standards and nomenclature...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks right. Unless I'm mistaken the BBRight shell width is 79mm wide. Looking at SRAM's table under the PF 30 section, it only says you need 3mm on the DS/right hand side

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you call BBInfinite? I called them not too long ago and Gary Mailhiot himself answered the phone and walked me through all my questions (with pretty colorful language too which I thought was pretty chill).
Quote Reply
Re: Bottom Bracket Suggestion for Cervelo Aspero [Callin'] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I read the manual the same way. Each time it shows 79 there is the 3m "outer right drive side" spacer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
seeyouincourt wrote:
Did you call BBInfinite? I called them not too long ago and Gary Mailhiot himself answered the phone and walked me through all my questions (with pretty colorful language too which I thought was pretty chill).

Do this. Everytime o have a question it gets answered promptly.

+1 on BBinfinite in general
Quote Reply