Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Favero Assioma - How to turn back on from Travel Mode without charging cable?
Quote | Reply
Hey gang,
I made a rookie mistake. I put my Assioma Duo (power meter pedals) in Travel Mode but I didn’t bing my charging cable with me. It was the first time I used the Travel Mode and since I had plenty of battery, I didn’t even think about it. Unfortunately, the manual says I need the charging cables to turn them back on.
Please tell that’s not true. Am I out of luck?? If someone knows how to turn them back on, please let me know.
Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Favero Assioma - How to turn back on from Travel Mode without charging cable? [gguerini] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a horrible feeling you cannot wake them without one of the chargers.
Where are you....can you put a shout out to someone nearby?
Quote Reply
Re: Favero Assioma - How to turn back on from Travel Mode without charging cable? [gguerini] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Unfortunately you need the cable to wake them up
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
been there done that! i made the same exact mistake as you. Right when travel mode came out i did it just for the hell of it. Well i went without power for the most important race of the year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just came across this thread, and had a similar situation last week - hadn't charged my assioma before a TT, and didn't have the charger in the car. You CAN charge them / wake them without a charger!

Take a normal micro USB charging cable and take it apart at the micro-USB end. There will be four wires - two are for data transfer, one is live, and one is ground. You can press the two non-data cables on the two metal circles on the pedals, and they will charge. Just sharing in case anyone makes this mistake in the future.
Quote Reply
Re: Favero Assioma - How to turn back on from Travel Mode without charging cable? [angusf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Another piece of advice for this thread: Just don’t use travel mode.

The pedals are pretty smart, you won’t loose much battery in normal travel.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I believe you can use the mobile app to change it

Professional interests in Genomics, Bioinformatics, Hardware/Software interfaces, sports interests are running from 800 to half marathon, sprint tri to half iron, cycling road races

https://brave.com/ - A safer and faster way to browse the web
https://www.strava.com/athletes/3757906
Quote Reply
Re: Favero Assioma - How to turn back on from Travel Mode without charging cable? [angusf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
angusf wrote:
Take a normal micro USB charging cable and take it apart at the micro-USB end. There will be four wires - two are for data transfer, one is live, and one is ground. You can press the two non-data cables on the two metal circles on the pedals, and they will charge. Just sharing in case anyone makes this mistake in the future.

Can confirm this works for taking the Assioma out of 'Travel Mode'. Can also confirm Favero asked me politely not to do a video on this hack in the event people blow their pedals up... 🤣

Shane Miller - GPLama
YouTube | Web | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Favero Assioma - How to turn back on from Travel Mode without charging cable? [gplama] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gplama wrote:
angusf wrote:

Can confirm this works for taking the Assioma out of 'Travel Mode'. Can also confirm Favero asked me politely not to do a video on this hack in the event people blow their pedals up... 🤣

I understand why they wouldn't want to officially sanction this, but unless you're plugging it into some outrageously out of spec USB charger/plug (which would be a disaster with the regular cables too) it seems like there's really no way you could damage the pedals with the four wires in a standard USB-A cable. I would not do this with an USB-C cable especially plugged into a Power Delivery charger since I could see the pedals not appreciating getting 20v when they're expecting 5v.
Quote Reply
Re: Favero Assioma - How to turn back on from Travel Mode without charging cable? [gplama] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do the pedals have reverse polarity detection and do they only charge when you put the positive and ground cables on the correct pad?
Quote Reply
Re: Favero Assioma - How to turn back on from Travel Mode without charging cable? [ia_triguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ia_triguy wrote:
Do the pedals have reverse polarity detection and do they only charge when you put the positive and ground cables on the correct pad?

Quote Reply