Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Pairing sleeved wetsuit with sleeved trisuit - roll trisuit top down?
Quote | Reply
Anyone roll their sleeved trisuit tip down under their sleeved wetsuit to insure it doesn’t affect shoulder mobility? another tricks or advice?

wovebike.com | Wove on instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Pairing sleeved wetsuit with sleeved trisuit - roll trisuit top down? [milesthedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is what I do. Put it in the small if your back and put it on while running into T1

milesthedog wrote:
Anyone roll their sleeved trisuit tip down under their sleeved wetsuit to insure it doesn’t affect shoulder mobility? another tricks or advice?

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Pairing sleeved wetsuit with sleeved trisuit - roll trisuit top down? [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
and to clarify: you do find it adds resistance?

Quote Reply
Re: Pairing sleeved wetsuit with sleeved trisuit - roll trisuit top down? [milesthedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
resistance? Like, in the water? I'd have no way of knowing, but it feels fine.

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Pairing sleeved wetsuit with sleeved trisuit - roll trisuit top down? [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has anyone experienced increased shoulder resistance when wearing a sleeved trisuit under a sleeved wetsuit.

If you haven’t, what’s your reasons for rolling it down during the swim?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
milesthedog wrote:

if you place any value on aerodynamics on the bike at the race you're currently doing and all of your future races, don't wear the suit over the shoulders in the water.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
milesthedog wrote:

if you place any value on aerodynamics on the bike at the race you're currently doing and all of your future races, don't wear the suit over the shoulders in the water.

Eric, can you expand on this? Presumably you mean that as a result of the stretch in the material, or the sleeves working their way up the arms, that the wrinkles in the shoulders carry an Aero penalty?

Getting a good snug suit on when it's wet is not easy...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes. At Oceanside this year I wore it up. I definitely could feel a difference between having it off the shoulders.

TBH I’m not actually sure why I did other than at an earlier Oly I wore it down and had a heck of a time getting it back on running into t1.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you can pull it up on the run to T1 you should wear it rolled down. My OwnWay suit is, thankfully, flexible enough to not cause any issues when swimming so it doesn’t bother me but I also cannot pull it up when it’s wet. If I could I would because, I believe, Matt Hanson did testing and found an older suit worn a handful of times cost him like 6 watts or something. So to keep it from stretching too much might as well not swim in it if you can help it.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Pairing sleeved wetsuit with sleeved trisuit - roll trisuit top down? [oakie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The purpose of sleeved suits is to go faster on the bike. You go faster on the bike because of the properly fitting sleeves. Wrinkles are the death of fast sleeved suits. Suits stretch and change over time. Sleeved suits stretch and wear out even faster when you swim with them on.

Don't swim in your sleeved suit on.

oakie wrote:
ericMPro wrote:
milesthedog wrote:

Eric, can you expand on this? Presumably you mean that as a result of the stretch in the material, or the sleeves working their way up the arms, that the wrinkles in the shoulders carry an Aero penalty?

Getting a good snug suit on when it's wet is not easy...

Quote Reply