Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Feed bottle mix
Quote | Reply
Hey guys, am trying to get my nutrition dialed in for an upcoming 70.3. I have been reading about different nutritional plans for long course races and noticed that some people like to prepare a concentrated mix of gels and water rather than carrying a bunch of gels on the bike. Can anybody please tell me how many gels they would aim to consume on the bike leg of a 70.3? I am also planning on bringing a bottle of tailwind endurance sports mix and a bottle of water. I figure my 3rd bottle could a gel/water mix which I can chase with the water.

Thanks in advance! : )
Quote Reply
Re: Feed bottle mix [rbd32] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just go by calories for the expected bike time. Let’s say 300/hr...750/2,5hrs....or whatever your stomach can take

-shoki
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Live off the course G2 bottles. Have a bottle of your own stuff in T1, grab a G2 at the first chance, if you miss the catch you'll still have another chance before you run out. Grab a second G2 if you think you need it.

I'm closer to the feathered end of the spear than the point.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wouldn't over think it as it's not a one size fits all and focus on how many calories/hr you need (do testing to figure out what you can handle, etc). I recently switched to SiS gels, which are isotonic and more watery in texture and just put them into a water bottle and don't even need to mix with water. I just put in however many I need to get my calories in over the duration and I'll factor in supplementing with Gatorade on course as well.
Quote Reply