Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Your experience with Roka Elite Aero II Suit
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Your experience with Roka Elite Aero II Suit [Hoodoo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm a very new triathlete who had a very good discount code and I wanted sleeves and I got this suit (women's) and it's AMAZING. So comfortable. Soft to the touch and still compressive and supportive. Felt like it dried in minutes out of the water. I'm fidgety and hate my clothing of any kind actually touching me, and I didn't mess with or fuss with the suit even once.
Quote Reply
Re: Your experience with Roka Elite Aero II Suit [YoMoGo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been racing in one the last two years. Good quality, comfortable (caveat: I just race short course), and a little compressive. Fit is perfect for me - at 6'2", 155lbs I wear a Small-Tall.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Full disclosure, I'm a bit of a Roka fanboy. I have their wetsuit, SIM shorts, goggles, transition bag, and running shorts (on the way). So when I was shopping for a high end tri suit, naturally I looked to them (I also happen to love the aesthetics of their stuff). I ordered it, size and fit was correct, but just trying it on, the sides chaffed me horribly, almost abrasive. I've not had that experience with literally any other clothing article, bike kits, other tri suits, anything. I was really confused. I tried it on again the next day to be sure, but same issue. I emailed with them, and their only solution was to try a different size, but I felt like the size was spot on. I ended up returning it and going in a different direction. They do have a great return policy and customer service, so that's always a plus. I see a lot of other people love the suit, so this is just one person, and maybe something crazy happened who knows. I LOVE the suit I ended up with though, so I have no regrets.
Last edited by: Terrordact: Aug 9, 19 8:55
Quote Reply
Re: Your experience with Roka Elite Aero II Suit [Terrordact] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the sleeved and sleevless versions of that and they both fit well and have no issues, I have others as well that give me some issues that I just keep for short courses.
Quote Reply
Re: Your experience with Roka Elite Aero II Suit [Terrordact] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I too have ROKA top of the line wetsuit, simm shorts and goggles. They are all great

Their tri suit was a no go for me. Lots of wrinkles around the shoulders even trying two different sizes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I own the white one and have worn it for 2 fulls and 2 olympics.

Downsides:
-The first and most obvious thing you notice when trying it on is that it is designed for the bike leg. I personally do not like to be constricted when I'm running--i.e. tight in the chest area so pulls my shoulders in and short zipper causes neutral position to be hunched over. Any aero gains will go to waste if I'm not feeling comfortable on the run. Consequently, I went up one size relative to other brands like Castelli, TYR and 2XU.
-It doesn't hold up too well through many washes and uses. After the aforementioned 4 uses on mine, the "reflective" stripes at the front are peeling off and the "compression" in the arms and the legs have lost much of their original elasticity. As its cost is relatively high and the fabric quality does seem good, I was hoping it would serve me for more races.

Positives:
-Pockets do work well, nothing I've put there has ever fallen out, jiggle or shake (during run).
-The chamois pad has not given me any issues, dries quickly and mostly disappears.
-I positively love the shorter inseam length relative to my other suits (even in the larger size). Once more, I prize running comfort highly.
-Neither the neck or zipper cause rubbing or chafing.
-It is not hot (at least the white version).
-For males, it's easy and quick to use the toilet.
-Blocks UV well so no need for sunscreen under the suit.

Cheers.
Quote Reply