Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Quintana Roo Tri Bikes [LucyLoes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I'll probably go for the 56 with 90mm stem (profile positive rise) as the 56 was my bikefitter his first choice. After reading a lot of your fitting advice on this forum topic here, I think that maybe I might feel a bit too compressed on a 54.

It's just that a lot of internetpeople (I know, they're no professionals) keep telling me to go for the 54. As apparently you can make a smaller bike "bigger", but you can never make a bike that's too big "smaller". So that's just the one thing that scares me.

If you would also advise me a 56 with 90mm stem, then I'd feel 100% confident (as I've read here that your advice is always spot on!).

But there's a promotion going on right now for the X-PR and I'm too scared to miss it! So I might just order and if you would tell me to go for a different size, hopefully I can still change my order 🙈😁
Just so excited to buy a new bike and this promotion is almost killing me 😁

LucyLoes,
I'm so glad you wrote in - and yes, please have a look at David's note (cyclenutnz), he's VERY smart!

Based on your body numbers - you have very long legs for your height - I'm very certian that your Pad Y is close to 690 and your Pad X is ~460.
You should get a size 56 but not because of the "nearness to bottom bracket" - I'm sure there's some logic in that but your fitter and I would have to chat for a while so I could understand their thinking. I want you to do it because the 56 is the best set up for you. Get the 56cm XPR with the Profile Design 90mm stem and set the stem in the -17 degree position (level with the ground). Put 20mm of spacer under the stem and 30mm of pedestal under the aerobar and you'll be at pad Y 690. Then position the arm pads just about dead center of their range and you'll have Pad X of 460. Ride a while - start simply with 45-60-75min rides and get to know the bike, aim for comfort first. You may feel the desire to elongate the cockpit or shorten it - you can easily and have a wide range with this perscription. You may feel like you want to ride lower on the arm pads - you can pull out spacers and go down by 5 or 10mm at a time to find your perfect spot!

Get back to me with questions if you have 'em.

Ian

Ian Murray
http://www.TriathlonTrainingSeries.com
I like the pursuit of mastery
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Quintana Roo Tri Bikes [ianpeace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Ian.

Current bike is Canyon Speedmax CF SLX 9.0 2016/2017, size M,

Height (cm) 186cm
Inseam (cm) 92cm
Torso Length (cm) 69cm
Seat height 82.2cm
Pad X 473mm
Pad Y 647mm (though it could be about 1-2cm higher)

Looking at X-PR and V-PR.

Could you please suggest the sizing? I guess I'm in between 54 and 56.
What would you choose?

Thank you.
Last edited by: NickMa: Mar 13, 24 16:23
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Quintana Roo Tri Bikes [faustbm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote:
My husband and I are looking into purchasing new QR X-PR tri bikes. I’m currently riding a small BMC aluminum frame Time Machine. I had a professional fitting done a couple of years ago, but I feel like the reach is a bit long. He’s currently on a Fuji tri bike small frame. I don’t have any of our fitting specs. I’m 5’ 4.5” with a 30 inch inseam, and he’s 5’ 8” with a 31.5 inch inseam. We were thinking of doing the QR Fit-Ready service. Any suggestions on frame size and crank arm length? Any information you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Beth,
I'm so sorry I missed this post. I hope what I offer below can still help.
#1 - I'm a fitter. I belive in bike fit. The best way to do this *especially if you're gonna do Fit-Ready* is to see a bike fitter who can do a dyanmic bike fit on you both and come away with your Pad Y and Pad X for purchase...AND...have all of your fit coordinates to send to QR so that the bike arrives ready to ride. That's the best way...

The second best way is this. Follow the basics of this short, easy video and take the Pad Y and Pad X of your current bikes. Get back to me here and let me prescribe exactly - even with consideration of your wanting to ride a bit longer in cockpit - and we'll be ready to order. Then you can just tranfer your existing fit coordinates (seat height, set back, cockpit distance, pad drop etc) to QR so the bike will arrive ready to ride.

The third best way is this... I'm going to make an historically accurate hypothosis of your Pad Y and Pad X and the prescription for the X-PR based on that. Then order the bike from QR, use your existing fit coordinates to do the details and the bike shows up ready to ride.

It'd be fun for me to have to do a combo of two above so that I can compare my Pad Y/X prescrption off of your exsiting bikes or what the fitter might predict...

I think your Pad Y is close to 590 and the Pad X you want is roughly 420. For you the X-PR prescription is...
Size 48 with a 90mm stem in the -17 degree position with 15mm of spacer under stem and 15mm more in aerobar pedestal and pads set pretty much center. You'll have a ton of room to move up/down/fore/aft to make this perfect.

If your hubby's Pad Y is about 605 and his Pad X is near to 460. His X-PR prescription is...
Size 50 with a 110mm stem in the -17 degree postion with 5mm of spacer under stem and another 20mm in aerobar pedestal and pads pushed foward of center ~2 holes. He'll have some room to move down and longer and a ton to go up and higer.

Ian

Ian Murray
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Quintana Roo Tri Bikes [DonutMan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote:
Hi Ian. I am interested in purchasing a larger size for my QR bike. I am currently riding on a 54cm PrFive2. Here is my current fit.

Inseam: 85.9cm
Torso: 59.5cm
Arms: 63cm
Shoulders: 40cm
Sit bones: 105cm

Pad X Reach (rear of pad): 470
Pad X Reach (Center of pad): 530
Pad Y Stack (rear of pad): 670
Baseball Reach (X): 520
Baseball Stack (Y): 615

I am currently feeling a little squished. I had posted on this forum before I purchased this bike and you had recommended 56cm, however my fitter told me that the 54cm would be better. Now I kind of regret it. I want to know if my current PrFive2 can be adjusted so I do not feel squished, but if I do need to buy a new bike which size XPr with QR aero stem would be best.

DonutMan,
I'm driving this prescription off of your 670/470 Pad Y/X nubmer....if you wanted to go to a new X-PR it would be a 56 with a 90mm QR Aero Stem with 10mm of stem spacer and 25mm of aerobar pedestal and pads off-set -5.50. If you want to then un-squish yourself (essentially moving your Pad X from 470 our to 477, 484, 492, 499, 507, as far as 522) you could.

Now, looking at the exsiting PRfive size 54... here's what I have to say... this bike is so wonderfully adjustable that we've got to get into the nitty gritty because I think you could stretch it out with ease. QR sold this bike with a Profile-Design "mortal" stem in 70mm, 90mm, and 110mm (and it can be set at -17 degrees *level with ground* or +17 degrees by just flipping the stem). I don't know what you've got on there now but, I can say this...
The max Pad X with the 70mm stem (at 670 of Y) is 472
The max Pad X with the 90mm stem (at 670 of Y) is 492
The max Pad X with the 90mm stem (at 670 of Y) is ~513

So, could you solve the squished feeling with a longer stem?

Ian

Ian Murray
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Quintana Roo Tri Bikes [NickMa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote:
Hi Ian.

Current bike is Canyon Speedmax CF SLX 9.0 2016/2017, size M,

Height (cm) 186cm
Inseam (cm) 92cm
Torso Length (cm) 69cm
Seat height 82.2cm
Pad X 473mm
Pad Y 647mm (though it could be about 1-2cm higher)

Looking at X-PR and V-PR.

Could you please suggest the sizing? I guess I'm in between 54 and 56.
What would you choose?

NickMa,
Prescribing off of Pad X of 473 and Pad Y of 657-667...
The X-PR would be...56cm with 110 Profile-Design stem in the -17 degree position with 10mm spacer under the stem and either 5mm or 15mm of arm pad pedestal (655-665 in Y) and pads off-set -6.25 (essentially 4 back of center mount).
You can also do the X-PR with the sexier QR Aero Stem... size 56cm, 90mm QR Aero Stem, zero stem spacer and either 20 or 30mm of arm pad pedestal (657-667 in Y) and then pads off-set -4.75.

The V-PR wtih Vision Pro aerobars would be a 56 with 25 or 35mm of pedestal (658-668 in Y) with the arm bracket bridge set rearword and pad mounted using row 4 of bridge hole and row 2 of pads.
The V-PR with the Vision TFA aerobars...it's a 56 with 30 or 40mm of pedestal (655-665 in Y) wiht the arm bracket bridge set forward and pad mounted using row 7 of the bridge hole and row 2 of pads.

Ian

Ian Murray
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Quintana Roo Tri Bikes [ianpeace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Ian!

Like many others, I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on an X-PR with the fantastic promotion going on right now (expires tomorrow night). I'm not able to get in for a fit for a more few weeks, but I have an old fit done by Dan in 2017 that I'm hoping is close enough to make my purchase, and I'll try and work with QR to finalize the fit in a few weeks before they would ship it. The biggest change I foresee is that I'm in far worse shape these days - 199 pounds instead of 167, and FTP ~250 instead of closer to 300. Easy runs are in the 9+ minute range instead of 8 or lower. I'll blame kids, career, and age rather than laziness and motivation!!!

I'm 5' 10.5" and I think my inseam is 34.5" - very long legs and short torso. For the fit, I was prescribed:
Saddle height 829mm
Pad X (back of pad) 445 (~485 to mid pad)
Pad Y 648
This was with a JOF55 saddle, setback +21, effective seat angle 82 degrees, and 170 cranks. I have since switched to 165 cranks, and I'm expecting to either stay on 165 or move even shorter.

I'm hoping to get the aero stem and the profile design wing 20C+ Ergo 52ASC extensions. I've never used them, but I've read all Dan's articles about forearm support and I'm sold on the idea!
Thanks a lot - I'm looking forward to getting my first new bike in a long time!
Jon
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello Ian,
As with many others, I am looking to buy a X-PR bike as part of the promotion today. I would appreciate help with finding the right sized frame, as well as the stem and bar extensions. (leaning towards the Profile Design Wing 10A).

My current bike is a 2010 Cervelo P2, size 58. ISM PR3.0 saddle.

I am 6'1" (185.4cm), 180lbs. Inseam is 83.5 cm. I should add that I have long arms, and with my current setup I wish the bars were about an inch longer.

Assuming I measured correctly:
Pad y: 695 mm
Pad x: 440 mm

other info from QR Fit-Ready form:
3. saddle height: 78.5 cm
4. BB center to saddle tip: 4 cm
5. stack: 97-27.5 = 69.5 cm
6a. armrest width: 35.5 cm
6b. saddle to shifter: 81 cm
7a. armrest to shifter: 34 cm
7b. reach: 51cm from saddle nose to armpad (6b-7a=47cm)
8. axle to shifter: 74 cm

also, do you know of any good bike fitters in N. or central New Jersey?

thanks
Marc
Last edited by: nudels5: Mar 18, 24 18:16
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Quintana Roo Tri Bikes [nudels5] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why do you need a fitter?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
do you have any documentation on the fork/stem installation procedure, steps, torques etc. for an X-PR? the folks at QR are less than useless when I contacted them. they just said to take it a bike shop.

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello,

What size do you think I should get in the XPR

I’m 6’2
My inseam is 84cm
Pants insane is 34inchs
Saddle height is 73.9
But my arm “reach” is longer than I’m tall reach of a person who’s 6’4.
Wide shoulders also
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Quintana Roo Tri Bikes [jtplaysdrums] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Hi Ian!

Like many others, I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on an X-PR with the fantastic promotion going on right now (expires tomorrow night). I'm not able to get in for a fit for a more few weeks, but I have an old fit done by Dan in 2017 that I'm hoping is close enough to make my purchase, and I'll try and work with QR to finalize the fit in a few weeks before they would ship it. The biggest change I foresee is that I'm in far worse shape these days - 199 pounds instead of 167, and FTP ~250 instead of closer to 300. Easy runs are in the 9+ minute range instead of 8 or lower. I'll blame kids, career, and age rather than laziness and motivation!!!

I'm 5' 10.5" and I think my inseam is 34.5" - very long legs and short torso. For the fit, I was prescribed:
Saddle height 829mm
Pad X (back of pad) 445 (~485 to mid pad)
Pad Y 648
This was with a JOF55 saddle, setback +21, effective seat angle 82 degrees, and 170 cranks. I have since switched to 165 cranks, and I'm expecting to either stay on 165 or move even shorter.

I'm hoping to get the aero stem and the profile design wing 20C+ Ergo 52ASC extensions. I've never used them, but I've read all Dan's articles about forearm support and I'm sold on the idea!
Thanks a lot - I'm looking forward to getting my first new bike in a long time!

Jon,
I'm sorry this reply didn't make the deadline of that sale but they seem to come up often.

The right X-PR for you is a 56cm with the 90mm QR Aero Stem, with 20mm of stem stack and 40mm of aerobar pedestal, and pads set -7 which is ~4 spots back of center. You, like many, could fit on a few different sizes, I chose the 56 because with the changes in your body since Dan's fit I think you might want to ride a hair higher in pad height for a little while (say a Pad Y of 700 - which would require 60mm of aerobar pedestal) and then come down as your fitness comes back.

Ian

Ian Murray
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Quintana Roo Tri Bikes [nudels5] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Hello Ian,
As with many others, I am looking to buy a X-PR bike as part of the promotion today. I would appreciate help with finding the right sized frame, as well as the stem and bar extensions. (leaning towards the Profile Design Wing 10A).

My current bike is a 2010 Cervelo P2, size 58. ISM PR3.0 saddle.

I am 6'1" (185.4cm), 180lbs. Inseam is 83.5 cm. I should add that I have long arms, and with my current setup I wish the bars were about an inch longer.

Assuming I measured correctly:
Pad y: 695 mm
Pad x: 440 mm

other info from QR Fit-Ready form:
3. saddle height: 78.5 cm
4. BB center to saddle tip: 4 cm
5. stack: 97-27.5 = 69.5 cm
6a. armrest width: 35.5 cm
6b. saddle to shifter: 81 cm
7a. armrest to shifter: 34 cm
7b. reach: 51cm from saddle nose to armpad (6b-7a=47cm)
8. axle to shifter: 74 cm

also, do you know of any good bike fitters in N. or central New Jersey?

Marc,
Firstly, you live near-enough to one of the best fitters in the world - Jonathan Blyer at ACME in Brooklyn. That might be a haul but it's worth it.

Based on the Pad Y/X you gave the right X-PR is a 58.5 with a 75mm stem with 10mm of stem spacer and 35mm of aerobar pedestal, and pads offset -7.75 which is ~5 holes back of ceter. You'll have lots of room to move forward to get that slightly longer extension you're wanting with this hardware.

Ian

Ian Murray
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Quintana Roo Tri Bikes [Ungoez] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Hello,

What size do you think I should get in the XPR

I’m 6’2
My inseam is 84cm
Pants insane is 34inchs
Saddle height is 73.9
But my arm “reach” is longer than I’m tall reach of a person who’s 6’4.
Wide shoulders also

Ungoez,
Good info, thank you. Based on what you've given me I think your Pad Y is roughly 670 and Pad X is near to 470. Your X-PR prescription is...

58.5 with a 90mm QR Aero Stem, with 10mm of stem spacer and 10mm of aerobar pedestal, and pads off set -6.25 (~2 holes back of center). This is nice, central location where you can move the front-end up/down/fore/aft to find your exact spot.

Ian

Ian Murray
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Athletes! I’m no longer providing fit assistance on this thread.

The past 5 years have been an honor – thank you for trusting me with the critical task of prescribing your bike purchase. I hope that I might return in the future to continue.

All the best, Ian

Ian Murray
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Last edited by: ianpeace: Apr 3, 24 11:20
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pending whatever happens for Ian, I can help on the Profile Design Fit Assistance thread for any PD equipped QR. Which is obviously the way they should be equipped.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Has your contract ended?
Quote Reply

Prev Next