Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

suggest a zwift workout series
Quote | Reply
I have one hour in the morning and I'd like to find a nice progressive series to use for working on V02 for cyclocross. In the past I have used the 8 week FTP builder and liked it, the Crit Crusher seems to have workouts that are too long but would be the right sort of focus. There are so many other listings and some of them seem really poorly thought out, wondering if there are any good ones? I'll probably also do some races if the timing works out.

If Trainer Road ran on the apple TV I would probably just use that, but alas.
Quote Reply
Re: suggest a zwift workout series [jroden] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just run TR on an iPad. Seriously, I was in the same boat and did a few plans on Zwift (Build Me Up, TT Tuneup). Switched over to TR and it's night and day better. Listen to the TR podcast and you'll realize these guys know what they're doing. Zwift is designed for social riding and races, TR is designed for structured training. You're limiting yourself if you don't switch IMO.
Quote Reply
Re: suggest a zwift workout series [Crentist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i have an android phone, I guess I could do the TR plan on that and use apple TV to watch TV while I ride. I'm using rollers with a powermeter, I guess that would work, I'd have to keep an eye on my phone for the power display
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yea, I've used a phone in the past, it's not ideal but it works. For TR you really don't need a big screen to get the info. I'd probably think about grabbing a cheap tablet though, either iOS or Android should work. The girlfriend got me an iPad last year, and as someone who is not usually an Apple fan (Android phones etc) it's been great, especially when traveling. Could probably get a used or older model for very cheap. Also one of the TR leads on the podcast rides on rollers with a meter, so that's definitely an option.
Last edited by: Crentist: Aug 6, 19 17:44
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OK, I just cancelled my zwift and re-signed for trainer road, I'll try the cyclocross training plan in the morning and report back
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice, I don't think you'll regret it. Ideally you'd start with a Base plan, then move to a Build, then Specialize, but if your race is coming soon and you're already fit you can skip the Base and do a Build. I'm about 3/4 done with the Low Volume Half Distance tri plan, it's tough but seeing good results.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OK, i did the ramp test this morning and added the cyclocross plan to the calendar. I need to see if i can fiddle withe the ride duration, i want to keep all to 60 mins because 5am is plenty early enough

why the suggestion for a larger screen? i used my phone on the bars for the app and could see it fine, do you also watch tv on your ipad at the same time? If so that's total Buck Rodgers badass.
Last edited by: jroden: Aug 7, 19 8:44
Quote Reply