Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Garmin screen mirror?
Quote | Reply
I did search for this but I have not found it yet.
Is it possible to do some sort of screen mirror for a garmin 920xt when running on a tread mill? I dont really care about speed or distance (treadmill shows that) But I would like to see my HR and cadence. Of course I can show this on the watch, seems easier to have it on a screen in front of me.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin screen mirror? [Eroc43] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No.

What you could do if you have the right phone is actually run one of the many free ANT+ apps on your phone an pick up the HR strap and footpod on that. So your 920 is just for data recording and upload, you watch on your screen.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The newer edge headunits have an 'extended display' mode which would do that...I think. I've never used it.

The note above about a phone app is the way to go, especially if your phone already has ANT+ or your peripherals are BT.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have you tried just hanging your watch in a place in front of you instead? I mean your 920 doesn't have an optical HR (I believe) like the newer models so you still have to use an HRM strap. Just setup a screen with 2 fields for HR and cadence so it is the biggest text size possible.

And that garmin extended display feature is only with other garmin devices I think (like a forerunner to a edge). It won't work like a chromecast or Firestick is what you are asking for.
Last edited by: loxx0050: Aug 6, 19 13:28
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin screen mirror? [loxx0050] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah given what is possible I am leaning towards doing just what you said. Set the profile for indoor run to just show HR and Cadence and auto rotate between the screens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had mixed results with standing the watch on the screen, depending on the treadmill it would shake off occasionally.

So I ended up going back to wearing it. Being honest then once you set the the speed then your cadence / speed is pretty constant, and so I invested the additional 2cals of effort by getting into the habit of checking cadence every km by lifting my arm. I worked out that I was over slowtwitching about it. When I run outside I don't find it a chore to look at my wrist. And so whilst adding more complexity and data geekery to running on the treadmill did validate my existence as a triaferlete, simply running and occasionally looking at my wrist to confirm what I knew my cadence was doing (normally too low later on) was fine.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin screen mirror? [loxx0050] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
loxx0050 wrote:
Have you tried just hanging your watch in a place in front of you instead? I mean your 920 doesn't have an optical HR (I believe) like the newer models so you still have to use an HRM strap. Just setup a screen with 2 fields for HR and cadence so it is the biggest text size possible.

And that garmin extended display feature is only with other garmin devices I think (like a forerunner to a edge). It won't work like a chromecast or Firestick is what you are asking for.

The point in doing that mirror screen is being able to use the watch in indoor mode (you have to wear it on your wrist to calculate speed, cadence, etc.) and watch the pulse at the same time without having to change your front view.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am pretty sure you can get the watch to alert you if you leave chosen limits for each activity. I have my 735XT set to alert me if my (indoor treadmill) HR goes too high or too low.

They don’t make then anymore, but outside I like to use a 4iiii Sportiiiis that announces pace, hr, cadence every minute by saying them. Never got round to using it indoors though.

https://www8.garmin.com/...22-5CCD3F4571D2.html
Quote Reply