Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Pre-Race Anxiety Dreams/Nightmares [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
I had a dream last night where I was talking to someone on the sideline of a race. I might have been interviewing them for a podcast? It was downtown in a city somewhere, and had sort of a NYC Marathon sort of feeling to it, with the crowd and whatnot, but there were people going by on bikes. They were kinda spread out = no drafting, if it was an urban triathlon; it might even have been a TT of some sort

For some reason, I was on the "wrong" side of the barriers - on the course itself - but that didn't seem be a problem, as the cyclists would each say "Hi, Randy!!!" as they rode by, and one even said "Meet me later!!!"

After so many races over the years, I have a hard time even getting out of bed for a race, much less having these anxiety dreams. Obv your results vary. :)

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had a dream last night where I was involved in some sort of MTB race

Apparently it was a multi-lap format, but each lap was hours and hours long. Judging by the amount of mud, sand, and other junk tangled around my wheels, handlebars, gears, and everywhere else, this could've been a 2-wheeled equivalent of The Barkley

When I came into the "camp," I was asked "You going out for another one?"

I did some thinking and came the conclusion that another trip would take me deep into the night, and I just wasn't up for that

"Nope. I'm done"

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought I had finally gotten over this phenomenon, but recently before a big race my last dream before I woke up went like this: lost a tooth, then had to take a head shot for work with a tooth missing, wife wanted be intimate but then played hard to get, left my bike at a neighbors house that we haven't live next to in 12 years, went to retrieve bike and it was a bike I sold 6 years ago and the wheels were broken, had to stop at a doctor to get tooth fixed and get a yearly physical in order to compete in the race, and all of these errands were done driving a car that was a mix between a Miata and a Mario Kart.
Quote Reply
Re: Pre-Race Anxiety Dreams/Nightmares [DV8R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think that because La Vuelta seems to be run on more highways than the Giro or Le Tour, I had a dream that I was riding my bike through Philly when a car cut me off, my only escape route was a downhill ramp onto the Schuylkill ... all I could do was say "Go faster!!! Go faster!!! Go FUCKING FASTER!!!" as cars came up behind me, and look for a place to bail onto the shoulder and off the road

I finally found a place to execute a perfect Tuck & Roll, somewhere near what I believe was The Zoo

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply

Prev Next