Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Golden Cheetah Metrics and Running
Quote | Reply

Aloha,

I'm a new GC user with a question and would greatly appreciate any thoughts.

I've been playing with GC for a few months (bike focus) and have recently begun to add in running and swimming. When I was working with just the bike I found that the metrics (ATL, CTL, RR etc) seemed to make sense, the numbers would change in accordance with workouts and tracked pretty well with other analysis software.

But when I add in running I am not seeing the changes I would expect. A long run this weekend produced no changes in metrics as I would expect.

I can't find any material in the Users Guide on this issue or on other forums so am assuming I have some setup issue. I am using the 3.5 development version.

Also appreciate if anyone can point me to a better/more appropriate forum for these type of questions.

Best Regards,

Ed
Quote Reply
Re: Golden Cheetah Metrics and Running [chain reaction] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Isn't there a page you can report an issue?

https://github.com/...is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
if you are looking at a PMC type chart, you need to make sure you are tracking the correct metric. I'm pretty sure TSS is just cycling on Golden Cheetah. I have my run PMC setup to track GVOSS and my swim chart to track SwimScore (I think that's what it is, I'm at work so I can't double check)

What other metrics are you wanting to track?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
try this

Try putting Triscore in your reports
use Triscore long term stress instead of CTL, Triscore short term stress instead of ATL and Triscore stress balance instead of TSB

This should add up Bikescore for the bike, swimscore for the swim and GOVSS for the run.
Last edited by: marcag: Aug 5, 19 10:23
Quote Reply
Re: Golden Cheetah Metrics and Running [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks to everyone very much for the replies!

I'll give this a try when able to access, sounds like this may give me what I am wanting: A PMC chart that will show the stress metrics for swim/bike/run. Also wanting to get RR for all three sports.

Thanks again.

Ed
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
chain reaction wrote:
Thanks to everyone very much for the replies!

I'll give this a try when able to access, sounds like this may give me what I am wanting: A PMC chart that will show the stress metrics for swim/bike/run. Also wanting to get RR for all three sports.

Thanks again.

Ed

I played with it a little and you get the sum of all the sports but you can also then set a filter to have just one, of two.....

I "think" the guy that implemented a lot of this is on the forum. I think his name is Ale MArtinez

check this out

https://github.com/...NNING-&-SWIMMING

The TriScore metric is computed base on sport as BikeScore for Cycling, GOVSS for Running and SwimScore for swimming, it depends on CP/CV so you need to have Power/Pace zones defined for the date for the activity: the From data for some of your zones should be anterior to the date of the activity: zero values when there is Power/Speed data are usually due to the lack of Power/Pace zones defined for the data of the activity.
TriScore also depends on the Power/Speed data channel: too high values are normally caused for spikes on Power/Speed data, see above how to fix this.

Mark Liversedge who is the head GC honcho is also around the boards.....<pink> when he's not busy trolling jaret </pink>
Last edited by: marcag: Aug 5, 19 12:24
Quote Reply
Re: Golden Cheetah Metrics and Running [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Thank you again very much, this is extremely helpful!

It is clear I have a lot more to learn..
Quote Reply