Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cervelo P4 with HED Jet Black Disc?
Quote | Reply
I have tried looking around, but cannot find much of anything...all I have found are guys that have both made and not made a FLO disc work on the P4...

I am confident the brake track width is not an issue..As I have used jet black 6 or 9 with no problems...but I would like to know about the rear jet black disc before I buy one...thanks for any help or information...
Last edited by: zooropa: Aug 4, 19 18:14
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P4 with HED Jet Black Disc? [zooropa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was told by HED “probably not” for a disc. Tire size will obviously matter. But I’m not sure why the older version disc wouldn’t fit. I can see why the plus is tight.
Last edited by: DFW_Tri: Aug 4, 19 18:22
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P4 with HED Jet Black Disc? [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have had zero issues running 23mm Vittoria’s on my current jet blacks...but I want to get a disc...

I might try the vision Metron SL if the Jet black won’t work...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not a lot of disc options for the P4. Needs to be a flat disc. I’ve been using a Renn for mine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FSE has a good flat disc option. Solid, full carbon, flat, DT240 hubs, and 1190 grams for $1600
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've since traded in my P4 for a P5 and the only disc I could find for the P4 was the older Zipp 900 with 23mm tires, and I still would have occasional rub issues. And with that disc, I could only use a 32mm butyl tube for the wheel small opening. Had the bike for three years but decided that rear brake and narrow wheel requirements weren't worth the trouble.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

The early versions of the P4 had a very narrow chainstay and brakes. Thus, it required narrow wheels. Later versions of the P4, named EVO I think, has wider chainstays and wider brakes about handle wider wheels.

This may be why you see some P4's with wide wheels.

Once, I was fast. But I got over it.
Quote Reply