Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Trek bb90 and 386 evo 30
Quote | Reply
I have just bought a FSA powerbox online relying on the website assurance that it fits all frames. I have a Trek with a bb90 and the powerbox is a 386 evo 30. From what I can read the 386 evo bottom bracket will not fit my frame. Has any one sucessfully fitted an FSA evo 30 to a Trek bb90 frame? If so how?
Quote Reply
Re: Trek bb90 and 386 evo 30 [Aging cyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Won't work. BB90 is for 24mm spindles, BB386 is for 30mm. There are adapters for BB30 frames but not vice versa.

What's your CdA?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bad news. It won't fit a BB90. Welcome to Trek's proprietary nightmare. (I've been there. I unloaded the Trek in order to use the components I wanted to use.)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Short answer, they won't fit, return the cranks.

However, if you are technically inclined and have no other option. There's the possibility that you can use these bearings to make them fit http://www.the-climb.net/...quad-bb90-part1.html . This will allow 30mm spindles to fit in your BB90 shell. I am not sure if the spindle will fit in width wise (a BB90 shell is wider than a 386evo shell). However the bearings are too small, not sealed, and won't last long. If none of this paragraph makes sense to you. Just return the cranks or sell them.
Last edited by: bloodyshogun: Aug 4, 19 19:02
Quote Reply
Re: Trek bb90 and 386 evo 30 [bloodyshogun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for those replies. I was hoping for some obscure way out but your answers confirm what I was thinking. I should get a full refund less postage for the return.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why wouldn't you get a full refund?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree with the previous poster that even if there was an adaptor available you wouldn't want to use (bearing would be too small). You would be creating a constant maintenance and cost headache with the risk of permanently damaging the frame from the continual replacements.
Quote Reply
Re: Trek bb90 and 386 evo 30 [scott8888] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think so too Scott and so does my bike mechanic
Quote Reply
Re: Trek bb90 and 386 evo 30 [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 I think I should Jim and I believe I've got strong grounds. I was thinking that if they insist after lengthy argument they insist that I pay postage I might have to as a matter of commercial reality pay that. Alternatively since I got it at a hefty discount and its sold out I might be able to sell it locally. It might be quite expensive to ship it back to England from Australia.
Quote Reply