Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

So I just bought my 2020 calendar
Quote | Reply
Apparently I'm not the only one that still buys a calendar, because they still produce them in bulk. I know it's on my phone and computers, but I like a month at a glance view without clicking on a device. For example, the full moon this month will occur on the 15th.

I'm old.
Quote Reply
Re: So I just bought my 2020 calendar [zed707] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I buy them, but I'm cheap so I do it in February when they're like 3 for $5
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It is how we coordinate our schedules. Write it on the calender!. Simple and it works. We keep them so we have a diary of what happened years later. It also helps me to not over commit to things.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Easy to use.

And you get a new airplane (puppy, cat, fantastic vista, etc.) to look at every month.

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Re: So I just bought my 2020 calendar [Durhamskier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hibernation in January requires no calendar. You gotta admit though they are an easy and convenient, not to mention heartfelt, Christmas gift for the wife.
Quote Reply
Re: So I just bought my 2020 calendar [gofigure] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gofigure wrote:
Hibernation in January requires no calendar. You gotta admit though they are an easy and convenient, not to mention heartfelt, Christmas gift for the wife.

We actually order calenders with family/kid photos on them as gifts for our parents every year. We keep one by the fridge and use it every day.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: So I just bought my 2020 calendar [Alvin Tostig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alvin Tostig wrote:
Easy to use.

And you get a new airplane (puppy, cat, fantastic vista, etc.) to look at every month.

I had co-workers complain when I didn’t get the new underwater dogs calendar this year. I might need one for 2020.
Quote Reply
Re: So I just bought my 2020 calendar [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
len wrote:
It is how we coordinate our schedules. Write it on the calender!. Simple and it works. We keep them so we have a diary of what happened years later. It also helps me to not over commit to things.

Could come in handy some day...

Quote Reply
Re: So I just bought my 2020 calendar [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:
gofigure wrote:

We actually order calenders with family/kid photos on them as gifts for our parents every year. We keep one by the fridge and use it every day.

Ditto. Shutterfly. My wife probably spends 2 hours picking the right photos for the months. granparents' favorite xmas gift every year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
But does your calendar tell you it's the "Sturgeon Moon" on the 15th??
Quote Reply