Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Dumb fit question
Quote | Reply
Where is my weight supposed to be while in aero position? Is it mostly on the saddle or are the aero bars supposed to be bearing the weight? As i've started to ride more my arms right around/above the elbows were starting to hurt after being in aero position, right now my arms drop close to 90 degrees from shoulders down to the aero bar pads and then 90 degrees at the elbow. I also am riding a tri bike and not a roadie with aero bars. Getting a real fit in a few weeks when I travel back home but in the meantime I figured id ask this here
Quote Reply
Re: Dumb fit question [SnowChicken] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’ve heard approx 55% of weight on front wheel and 45% on back wheel

You could use a bathroom scale
Quote Reply
Re: Dumb fit question [MrTri123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What are the ways to adjust it if I have too much weight on the front? Think thats what is causing some discomfort in my arms
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It sounds like you have a fit issue.

Weight distribution isn't that important.
Quote Reply
Re: Dumb fit question [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I sort of recognized an improper fit by feeling like most of my weight were on the aero bars rather than an even load. I know alone weight distribution doesnt really matter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Who is going to be doing your fit?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As Jim, said, weight distribution is not a driver of fit. Get a good fit, and let the weight fall where it may.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SnowChicken wrote:
As i've started to ride more my arms right around/above the elbows were starting to hurt after being in aero position

It's not from too much weight.

Above meaning your upper arm... biceps or triceps? Need a photo of your fit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is a common misconception, but incorrect.

Like Dave said, get a proper fit and everything else will work itself out.

SnowChicken wrote:
I sort of recognized an improper fit by feeling like most of my weight were on the aero bars rather than an even load. I know alone weight distribution doesnt really matter

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Dumb fit question [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jimatbeyond wrote:

Not sure yet. Looking at options in the DC area but am out of that area for another week
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You’ve got Dave Luscan in Richmond FWIW

SnowChicken wrote:
jimatbeyond wrote:

Not sure yet. Looking at options in the DC area but am out of that area for another week

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply