Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Mueller versus Ratcliffe
Quote | Reply
we had a prominent member of the community here teach us on how ratcliffe schooled mueller during the latter's testimony, such august forum member also quite outspoken in his disdain for politicians (particularly if they're "team donkey" politicians) who lie and embellish.

i think we now see what ratcliffe is. sometimes it's better not to argue it all out on single thread. if one just has patience the truth will out. i had the utmost confidence in ratcliffe, that he would parlay his moment of fame into a full display of his character.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Mueller versus Ratcliffe [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Only the best people.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This just shows us how dangerous this administration is. There is no basic competency, there is no level of vetting, and there is no real thought on policy with these important jobs, the only criteria is "will they be loyal to trump." This is especially troubling in the intelligence agencies, because they need to tell the truth and NOT want trump wants to hear. This is exactly what trump does not want. Also, the DNI position is one of the few that in the law has requirements, and Ratcliffe did not meet those requirements to begin with.

Now people may say, well things are going pretty well. But you are missing that the timeline for these problems is not a couple years, it is decades. The damage will not be seen for a long time, but it is there and will take decades to repair. Iran is the perfect example of this. Cleaning that mess up and just getting back to the place we were before trump is going to take years and may result in some serious military action. Not to mention that there is a huge brain drain of workers in the federal government as they don't want to deal with these leaders making their low paying jobs impossible. It is going to take a long time to build all that experience back up.

Oihh, and the trump administration wants to break the law and put the correct person in as acting DNI when Coats steps down. It is explicit in the law who should be acting, but they don't want her, because she is actually competent.
Quote Reply
Re: Mueller versus Ratcliffe [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trump wants someone who believes the problem is not Russian election interference, but rather, the FBI's investigation into Russian election interference.
Quote Reply
Re: Mueller versus Ratcliffe [schroeder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
schroeder wrote:
Trump wants someone who believes the problem is not Russian election interference, but rather, the FBI's investigation into Russian election interference.

Exactly, he wants someone to protect him, not protect the country.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The best people.
His confirmation by the senate was not likely.

He might have lied about a thing or five on his resume.

And he didn't even met the minimum qualifications of intelligence experience required by federal law for DNI.
50 U.S. Code § 3023.Director of National Intelligence

And he was grossly inexperienced compared to his predecessors.

His single qualification was that he washed Trump's balls during the Mueller hearing.

Suffer Well.
Last edited by: jmh: Aug 2, 19 12:55
Quote Reply
Re: Mueller versus Ratcliffe [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If only Trump's supporters were capable of feeling shame, embarrassment, or of holding him to any reasonable expectation to "hire the best people" or even remotely qualified people. But no, they'll believe his BS that he withdrew the nomination to spare the poor man from the libelous treatment by the "lamestream media."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"He was being treated really unfairly."

"And, uh, fake news..."

"I think the White House has a great vetting proces."
Quote Reply
Re: Mueller versus Ratcliffe [tigermilk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tigermilk wrote:

"And, uh, fake news..."

i think we heard all the same stuff about ronny jackson. my doctor's a great guy. tells good stories. think i'll secty of veterans affairs.

what everyone ought to know by now is that trump is the kiss of death. if you're nominated for secty of anything, you're effed. your career is done. your reputation is gone. you're toast for life. he's radioactive. you're hugging a guy who has bubonic plague.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
New nickname for orange one? KOD, nice. Donald KOD Trump.
Quote Reply
Re: Mueller versus Ratcliffe [tyrod1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tyrod1 wrote:
New nickname for orange one? KOD, nice. Donald KOD Trump.

By the way, he looked especially orange last night.

Creepy.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I remember the good old days when nominees suffered from character assassination - now they suffer from character suicide.

Good times...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
we had a prominent member of the community here teach us on how ratcliffe schooled mueller during the latter's testimony, such august forum member also quite outspoken in his disdain for politicians (particularly if they're "team donkey" politicians) who lie and embellish.

i think we now see what ratcliffe is. sometimes it's better not to argue it all out on single thread. if one just has patience the truth will out. i had the utmost confidence in ratcliffe, that he would parlay his moment of fame into a full display of his character.

sore loser much? one has nothing to do with the other, really. in regards to mueller i kinda feel sorry for him as he was lead around by wiseman and others. unless of course one is of the mindset your guilty unless proven innocent. which apparently the democrats are apparently.
Quote Reply
Re: Mueller versus Ratcliffe [Runguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Runguy wrote:
Slowman wrote:

sore loser much? one has nothing to do with the other, really. in regards to mueller i kinda feel sorry for him as he was lead around by wiseman and others. unless of course one is of the mindset your guilty unless proven innocent. which apparently the democrats are apparently.

Incoherent. Please correct spelling and grammar.
Quote Reply
Re: Mueller versus Ratcliffe [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
Runguy wrote:
Slowman wrote:

so, you really have nothing to add to the subject, check (oh, wait grammar police)
Quote Reply
Re: Mueller versus Ratcliffe [Runguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Runguy wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
Runguy wrote:
Slowman wrote:

so, you really have nothing to add to the subject, check (oh, wait grammar police)

It’s impossible to respond to gibberish.
Quote Reply
Re: Mueller versus Ratcliffe [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
Runguy wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
Runguy wrote:
Slowman wrote:

It’s impossible to respond to gibberish.
uh bro you just did (twice)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And now he is back to the nominee. Seriously, you can't make this up.

I wonder if the plan is for him to fail in Senate so that Grenell can stay on for an additional 210 days, instead of stepping down on March 11th.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
tigermilk wrote:

"And, uh, fake news..."

i think we heard all the same stuff about ronny jackson. my doctor's a great guy. tells good stories. think i'll secty of veterans affairs.

what everyone ought to know by now is that trump is the kiss of death. if you're nominated for secty of anything, you're effed. your career is done. your reputation is gone. you're toast for life. he's radioactive. you're hugging a guy who has bubonic plague.

The Candyman is running for congress as rep for Texas 13th. Trump may get his boy into this position. Quals required: grip and grin, yuk it up and dispense the pain meds.
Quote Reply
Re: Mueller versus Ratcliffe [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:

I wonder if the plan is for him to fail in Senate so that Grenell can stay on for an additional 210 days, instead of stepping down on March 11th.

That may be true. Or is this just a new test of loyalty for the Senate republicans. You failed me once with my guy here, you all ought think twice before doing it again. Ratcliffe is a made man and is untouchable. Also by law, as JMH pointed out, he is not qualified, so Trump wants some company in his merry band of scofflaws.
Quote Reply
Re: Mueller versus Ratcliffe [gofigure] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gofigure wrote:
chaparral wrote:

That may be true. Or is this just a new test of loyalty for the Senate republicans. You failed me once with my guy here, you all ought think twice before doing it again. Ratcliffe is a made man and is untouchable. Also by law, as JMH pointed out, he is not qualified, so Trump wants some company in his merry band of scofflaws.

This, all day this. Almost everything Trump is doing to the GOP is a test of fealty.

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Quote Reply