Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Norseman XTri
Quote | Reply
Tomorrow, it is Norseman XTri again !

This year supporting for the first time the XTri world champ.

My guess : Allan Hovda (sometimes connected here) will win (already done that several time) and will be the first XTri World Champ.

Apparently Tim Don is planning to do Patagonman in december, probably qualifying also for 2020 XTri world champ.
Tim being lightweight, I see him working well in these kind of high D+ "ironman" distances.
Quote Reply
Re: Norseman XTri [Pyrenean Wolf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Finally, Hans Christian Tungsvik won, and Allan Hovda is second, Jarle Vermskog third.
3 norwegians.

Would be interesting to see Tim Don in the race next year.
Quote Reply
Re: Norseman XTri [Pyrenean Wolf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is an amazing race
Quote Reply
Re: Norseman XTri [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My legs currently disagree with you Herbert!

77th at cutoff = black t-shirt for me ๐Ÿ˜€. Very chuffed. That mountain, though... man alive.

It is an incredible event.. we were very luck with weather this year. Bike course is insane.
Quote Reply
Re: Norseman XTri [knighty76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
knighty76 wrote:

77th at cutoff = black t-shirt for me ๐Ÿ˜€. Very chuffed. That mountain, though... man alive.

It is an incredible event.. we were very luck with weather this year. Bike course is insane.

Congrats on the black t-shirt. One of the best races on the planet. You want to come back. Weather was too good though. It is has to be crappy and cold :)
Quote Reply
Re: Norseman XTri [Archibald] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Archibald wrote:
knighty76 wrote:

Congrats on the black t-shirt. One of the best races on the planet. You want to come back. Weather was too good though. It is has to be crappy and cold :)

Next year it'll be my 3rd time in the ballot, perhaps I'll get in & if so, guaranteed to be a 'record' cold year, you read it here first! ;-)
Last edited by: endoverend: Aug 4, 19 0:39
Quote Reply
Re: Norseman XTri [endoverend] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
endoverend wrote:
Archibald wrote:
knighty76 wrote:

Next year it'll be my 3rd time in the ballot, perhaps I'll get in & if so, guaranteed to be a 'record' cold year, you read it here first! ;-)

I did it in 2017. Lots of rain on the bike. Great. I want to do it again. But then I think, there are so many people who were never lucky in the lottery, so if I apply again Iยดll decrease the chances of the others, and everybody should experience it. Good luck.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Herbert wrote:
It is an amazing race

+1. Just looking at the photos really makes me wish I was capable of doing/trying such an event. I find it more intriguing than Kona.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats! I largely had to walk it in...made it to the cutoff in 128th and spent the next 3 hours soaking it all in. What an experience.
Last edited by: JASpencer: Aug 4, 19 16:06
Quote Reply
Re: Norseman XTri [JASpencer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How many get the black t-shirt? I think I will target Norseman next year. My last long triathlon. :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
160 first athletes to cross the 32,5 km check point can go to the top and get the black shirt. This year the 40 athletes in the XTRI WC did not count, so I guess there were more this year.

Instagram and Strava: @lpstormo
Quote Reply
Re: Norseman XTri [Stormo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cheers. Now I guess I first need to get in and then hunt for a support runner. :-)

Had a slot many years back but got injured.
Quote Reply