Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

S-Works Shiv Disc (Consumer Release)
Quote | Reply
Looks like Specialized is finally listing and releasing the new S-Works Shiv Disc consumer model on their website.

(Unpopular?) opinion but I’m actually a big fan of the design. 13k is a bullet and a half to bite though.
Quote Reply
Re: S-Works Shiv Disc (Consumer Release) [kahlil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's grown on me too... I totally get it for up to 1/2 IM, but less so for full IM racing. I just can't see the hydration system being very practical unless you fill it with concentrated solution...and then you can't easily measure how much you are consuming.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I see the non S-Works Expert $8,500 model on the site, still not cheap, but a lot better than $13k especially if you are bringing your own Pedal based power, and planning getting deeper wheels than the S-Works etc....

https://www.specialized.com/...?color=271741-171301

Edit: And on Refresh, the Frame only option popped up: https://www.specialized.com/...?color=271713-171306
Last edited by: lenny07: Aug 2, 19 5:58
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I saw it an age-grouper (in the 60-64 male category) riding one at CDA 70.3 in June

Matt
Last edited by: Chemist: Aug 2, 19 6:15
Quote Reply
Re: S-Works Shiv Disc (Consumer Release) [Hiphophopper] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I agree. Design has grown on me and the new color options are much easier on the eyes than the purple/green chameleon LE. I think the rear hydration system really is the perfect solution for IM 70.3... certainly superior to BTS nutrition bottles which are prone to launching and better than my Canyon BTA bottle which sits too far back and low to easily reach the hose, but I agree for full IM seems less ideal. I suppose you could just dump the bottles into the rear compartment at Special Needs though, which wouldn't really cost all that much time, but I prefer to refill my BTA bottle while on the move.
Quote Reply