Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

do you turn off and unplug your treadmill?
Quote | Reply
i just got my nordictrack incline treadmill. in the manual it says to turn it off after use, and unplug it.
is that really necessary?
Quote Reply
Re: do you turn off and unplug your treadmill? [gogogo!] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Off - yes
Unplug - no

Have had my True PS100 for 4+ years w/o a single issue.

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's probably for safety. Mine has a "hard" switch on it, which I use to turn it off- if it didn't have that, I'd unplug it. Keeps my kids from having accidents.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just got an extra remote control outlet adapter for mine. Hit the button and it’s essentially unplugged. Use the same thing for one of my trainer fans that sits on the floor that I couldn’t easily turn on after getting warmed up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have toddlers so I tend to turn mine off and unplug it. We also have a good bit of summer thunderstorms here so added protection to unplug it there as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We've had a Nordictrack 2950 for a year or so, and have never turned it off or unplugged it. The iFit SW takes a few minutes to boot up, so that would be annoying to have to go through every time. I've never had an issue, but then again our kids are now teenagers so they presumably have at least a minimal survival instinct.
Quote Reply
Re: do you turn off and unplug your treadmill? [el gato] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks, everyone. i turned it off.

and ifit does take a while to boot up, but oh well.

i like the ifit feature of following someone on a trail and the incline/decline happening as i go. i do turn off the sound. i do not want someone talking to me when i run.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My favorite feature is being able to map a run in iFit (using the google maps street view) and then run that course with the treadmill changing the elevation profile to match and showing the street view images stream on the display. I "pre-ran" the 70.3 CdA course several times before race day this way and felt like I had a good sense of the course on race day.
Quote Reply
Re: do you turn off and unplug your treadmill? [el gato] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that is a cool feature! i just got the treadmill and i have to try out all the fun stuff. thanks for the tip.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mine has a small cooling fan under the cowling that always runs, so I shut it off
Quote Reply