Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Work and casual clothing for lean body composition [Bio_McGeek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bio_McGeek wrote:
Hello All:
Congratulations, you're trained and lean. Condolences, you can't find clothes that fit in our plus-sized world.
I recently shopped for shirts and found that they all fit like a tent. I'm 5'8" and 156 lbs. Yes, I'm reasonably lean but not what anyone would call skinny. My new discovery was Land's End boy's clothing; size 20. Pinpoint oxford cloth no-iron shirts for $30 and polo shirts for <$20 and they fit nicely. This is not an add for Land's End. I'm sure other companies have high quality boys clothes that will fit lean men. Might be true on the women's side too. Good luck.
Cheers,
Jim

Dude at 5'8"/156 you absolutely do not need to be wearing kids clothes. You're shopping at the wrong places.

Banana Republic is a good starting point for work/dress clothes. Their button-down shirts and polos are great quality and slim fitting. I have some custom-tailored dress shirts and I like BR's shirts better.

For jeans and pants try Bonobos, BR, Levi's slim or skinny fit...tons of options. Everyone has slim/skinny/athletic fit pants now. I actually really like American Eagle's stretch slim fit jeans - probably the most comfortable slim fit jeans I've ever worn, and not super expensive.
Quote Reply
Re: Work and casual clothing for lean body composition [indianacyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
5'8" and 140 pounds, previously around 155 before I started this stupid triathlon hobby. Like others have said, my solution has been slim fit shirts and pants. However, I have given up trying to find clothes that fit perfectly. With shirts, the sleeves are almost always too long. With pants, same problem - too long. So I use a tailor to fix these issues. It adds to the cost of clothing, but I no longer have to find that perfect fit.
Quote Reply
Re: Work and casual clothing for lean body composition [g_lev] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
g_lev wrote:
Levis 511s fit me pretty well in a 28x30 (this is clearly a vanity size because my waist actually measures 30")

Ha yes - I've noticed that too - worn 32 waist jeans all my life, my waist is no longer 32, yet I fit into the Levi (and other jeans) 32 waist comfortably. So, I can stay in a state of denial about my waist expansion ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: Work and casual clothing for lean body composition [Bio_McGeek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Untuckit makes their shirts in a slim fit that is nice and trim for a fit person.
Also Gustin - https://www.weargustin.com The owner is a skinny cyclist who likes his clothes to fit well.
Quote Reply
Re: Work and casual clothing for lean body composition [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Titanflexr wrote:
As you get to the higher end, the opposite problem tends to crop up. At Nordstrom's annual sale (last week) there were tons of slim fit (and even extra slim fit) shirts. All the sale jeans were skinny cut except one. I have a Starter golf shirt from WalMart size M, and a Rag & Bone one from Nordstrom size XL....they fit the same.

What seems to have disappeared are clothes for "athletic" builds (i.e. if you have lats and quads, but a thin waist nothing fits).

Just start wearing suspenders, problem solved!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Brooks Brothers. Milano fit. You’ll be happy.
Quote Reply

Prev Next