Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Michael Weiss gets into row with an agegrouper at Challenge Prague [M~] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
M~ wrote:

Throw stupid punches, receive appropriate prizes

https://twitter.com/.../1157280778675523584

The saddest thing about that to me was seeing that Scott Adams has been reduced to little more than a social media influencer.
Quote Reply
Re: Michael Weiss gets into row with an agegrouper at Challenge Prague [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SBRcanuck wrote:
mjbruiser wrote:
Summary of thread:

1) KQ guy has haters for qualifying
2) Somebody missed their low-t appointment
3) Movie quotes are faux pas
4) Neither Weiss or AGer were pushing if they could (A) talk shit or (B) Display any physical aggression.
5) 4th grade school yard insults are still effective

I do have to ask... Who would ever admit to being punched by a pro triathlete? I'm 180-185lbs and would NEVER admit that a 155lb noodle punched me. Matt Hanson wrestled so there's the anomaly but come on really? Dope or no dope that isn't happening.

The AG'er in question looks like more of a noodle than Weiss.

Well then...simple math tells us that two noodles cancel each other out and this thread is null.
Quote Reply
Re: Michael Weiss gets into row with an agegrouper at Challenge Prague [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shambolic wrote:
Don't poke the bear... Got what he deserved.
This guy poked a bear with a ski pole and look what happened to him.
https://www.pinkbike.com/...th-pocket-knife.html
Quote Reply
Re: Michael Weiss gets into row with an agegrouper at Challenge Prague [Harbo99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I see a guy who deserved to be chirped and a guy who deserved to be punched. Love both of them. Sometimes fighting IS the answer.
Quote Reply
Re: Michael Weiss gets into row with an agegrouper at Challenge Prague [mjbruiser] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mjbruiser wrote:
Summary of thread:

4) Neither Weiss or AGer were pushing if they could (A) talk shit or (B) Display any physical aggression.

I do have to ask... Who would ever admit to being punched by a pro triathlete? I'm 180-185lbs and would NEVER admit that a 155lb noodle punched me. Matt Hanson wrestled so there's the anomaly but come on really? Dope or no dope that isn't happening.
Not all male pro's are tiny little dudes and there have been some epic confrontations over the years.Hell even some of the female pro's looked like they could hold their own in a bar fight against age group men.
Quote Reply
Re: Michael Weiss gets into row with an agegrouper at Challenge Prague [ThailandUltras] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ThailandUltras wrote:
mjbruiser wrote:
Summary of thread:

Not all male pro's are tiny little dudes and there have been some epic confrontations over the years.Hell even some of the female pro's looked like they could hold their own in a bar fight against age group men.

I think in life we need to appreciate when a total stranger tee's one up for you. I want to respond to this in a completely different and tasteless manner but it's only Tuesday. I just hope you know your effort is appreciated and hope someday we can sync up on another thread under different circumstances.
Quote Reply
Re: Michael Weiss gets into row with an agegrouper at Challenge Prague [mjbruiser] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mjbruiser wrote:
ThailandUltras wrote:
mjbruiser wrote:
Summary of thread:

I think in life we need to appreciate when a total stranger tee's one up for you. I want to respond to this in a completely different and tasteless manner but it's only Tuesday. I just hope you know your effort is appreciated and hope someday we can sync up on another thread under different circumstances.
Man,everyone is so serious around here these days.I've been around the sport a long time and have been in plenty of bars and clubs at post awards after parties when people still partied hard in this sport (especially in the '90s).I know a lot of the old school pro males and females,have shared my fair share of booze with them and can tell you some of them are hard as nails.
Quote Reply
Re: Michael Weiss gets into row with an agegrouper at Challenge Prague [ThailandUltras] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the pugalist threat of endurance athletes has diminished a lot since the days of the badger and meryckx

Clearly punch power in inversely proportionate to FT power

Lets no forget

Quote Reply
Re: Michael Weiss gets into row with an agegrouper at Challenge Prague [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shambolic wrote:
That may be your stance but if you don't want to get punched for acting like a flog then keep your mouth shut. It's ironic on another thread everyone showing their love for Lance go figure. Why does everyone have to appease the Slowtwitch crowd to be vindicated?

I'm a week late to this thread but he doped. He has to expect a backlash. Same as if I saw lance. I'd call him a doper too.

If they want to then punch on, maybe they need to have not doped. Also if they want to punch on, they better back themselves, just incase they punch on with the wrong person and end up knocked out.

Rhymenocerus wrote:
I think everyone should consult ST before they do anything.
Quote Reply
Re: Michael Weiss gets into row with an agegrouper at Challenge Prague [PJC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PJC wrote:
Shambolic wrote:
That may be your stance but if you don't want to get punched for acting like a flog then keep your mouth shut. It's ironic on another thread everyone showing their love for Lance go figure. Why does everyone have to appease the Slowtwitch crowd to be vindicated?

I'm a week late to this thread but he doped. He has to expect a backlash. Same as if I saw lance. I'd call him a doper too.

If they want to then punch on, maybe they need to have not doped. Also if they want to punch on, they better back themselves, just incase they punch on with the wrong person and end up knocked out.
LOL ok...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
To your point, if we put the current world champs in a cage, I think Ryf mops the floor with Lange.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mjbruiser wrote:
To your point, if we put the current world champs in a cage, I think Ryf mops the floor with Lange.

I dunno - if it was one-on-one, you're probably correct.
But, Lange always has his domestique with him for the swim & bike, so if he's got his wingman with him, then I'm not sure Ryf can take them both out.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: Michael Weiss gets into row with an agegrouper at Challenge Prague [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dreitz definitely looks like he is among the better triathletes in a cage fight
Quote Reply
Re: Michael Weiss gets into row with an agegrouper at Challenge Prague [Schnellinger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Schnellinger wrote:

Off season "multi-sport" cage fighting. I think we're onto something here. We need a time machine though. Nobody had a bigger mouth than Macca. I'd put him up against anybody from 2000-2012 time frame.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mjbruiser wrote:
Schnellinger wrote:

Off season "multi-sport" cage fighting. I think we're onto something here. We need a time machine though. Nobody had a bigger mouth than Macca. I'd put him up against anybody from 2000-2012 time frame.
Garrett McFayden, Bryan Rhodes,Jason Shortis and Lothar Leder. were just a few guys I would not have wanted to piss off back in the day.
Quote Reply
Re: Michael Weiss gets into row with an agegrouper at Challenge Prague [BobAjobb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BobAjobb wrote:
Shambolic wrote:

Not every one is loving Dopestrong.
My own view is that he should be burned at the stake like middle englanders used to do with witches.
Same should go for Weis actually.
And Vino.
And lots of others.

For me... I'd have hit him back - a lot harder (no witnesses rememberšŸ˜) and I'm a lot bigger that him, even with his life long cheating barsterd doping gains.

And so you think doping is worse than burning someone at the stake and intentionally committing a battery against someone? Quite an interesting ethical standard you live (and judge others) by....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ThailandUltras wrote:
Garrett McFayden, Bryan Rhodes,Jason Shortis and Lothar Leder. were just a few guys I would not have wanted to piss off back in the day.

Jason Shortis was like a teddy bear.

Bryan Rhodes was always looking for someone to have a row with. I had a few with him back in the day.

Rhymenocerus wrote:
I think everyone should consult ST before they do anything.
Quote Reply
Re: Michael Weiss gets into row with an agegrouper at Challenge Prague [BobAjobb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BobAjobb wrote:
...For me... I'd have hit him back - a lot harder (no witnesses rememberšŸ˜) and I'm a lot bigger that him, even with his life long cheating barsterd doping gains.
Nice. So you like beating up people who are smaller than you when no-one's watching. I hope you don't have a wife/partner.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shambolic wrote:
he's a nice guy and I realised there is a human side.

They're always nice people. Lisa Hutthaler is lovely too, face to face. She's the female figurehead - I'm sure there are many 'nice' pro's and AG'ers out there doped to the gills flying merrily under the radar. Hence it can be confusing when you meet them - I'd love to work out the psychology behind their decisions. Did you expect some shifty-looking yobbo?! :)

http://www.goalicego.co.uk
Last edited by: Alice82: Aug 8, 19 0:21
Quote Reply
Re: Michael Weiss gets into row with an agegrouper at Challenge Prague [Alice82] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alice82 wrote:
Shambolic wrote:
he's a nice guy and I realised there is a human side.

They're always nice people. Lisa Hutthaler is lovely too, face to face. She's the female figurehead - I'm sure there are many 'nice' pro's and AG'ers out there doped to the gills flying merrily under the radar. Hence it can be confusing when you meet them - I'd love to work out the psychology behind their decisions. Did you expect some shifty-looking yobbo?! :)
It's funny how people pull snippets which that are now not in full context and add some irrelevant opinion of theirs, in an old thread that has been hashed out and should be left to die :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ThailandUltras wrote:
mjbruiser wrote:
Schnellinger wrote:

Mike Pigg was a granimal also. Maybe Pigg vs. Armstrong? Not debating Lance's 7 VICTORIES. Just saying back in the day that would be a great match up in the cage.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mjbruiser wrote:
ThailandUltras wrote:
mjbruiser wrote:
Schnellinger wrote:

Mike Pigg was a granimal also. Maybe Pigg vs. Armstrong? Not debating Lance's 7 VICTORIES. Just saying back in the day that would be a great match up in the cage.
There are sooooooo many funny ( and some not so funny) stories about the pro triathletes and assorted hangers-on from back in the day.It has been suggested many times that I should write a book about the shit that has gone down over the years but it is one of those things I could never bring myself to do.Some things should stay "in house" and the rest are best told over a few beers.

Rhodesy has probably provided more than his fair share of hilarious stories but he isn't alone for sure.
Quote Reply

Prev Next