Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Why are the two biggest family holidays so close to each other. [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are those holidays 4 day weekends where most people take a half day on wed

Xmas and thanksgiving are the two biggest travel days of the year. I don’t know why we don’t switch that to make July 4th or Labor Day a travel weekend, with a two day holiday.

No where do I talk about there not being any summer holiday
Last edited by: patentattorney: Aug 1, 19 18:19
Quote Reply
Re: Why are the two biggest family holidays so close to each other. [patentattorney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
patentattorney wrote:
Are those holidays 4 day weekends where most people take a half day on wed

Xmas and thanksgiving are the two biggest travel days of the year. I don’t know why we don’t switch that to make July 4th or Labor Day a travel weekend, with a two day holiday.

No where do I talk about there not being any summer holiday

Did you grow up in an orphanage? Hate your family? Why do you hate tradition?

Look if a bunch of asshole bureaucrats decided July 25th is now a family holiday I'd still take Christmas off. As for moving Thanksgiving I encourage you to read about when they tried to do that.
Quote Reply
Re: Why are the two biggest family holidays so close to each other. [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When did people try to change thanksgiving? I am also not advocating for changing the dates of the holidays.

But just making July 4th or labor day a 4 day holiday. Makes no sense to me the multi day holidays are back to back.

It seems like Europe has a major summer holiday. Where people travel on top of Christmas.
Last edited by: patentattorney: Aug 1, 19 19:13
Quote Reply
Re: Why are the two biggest family holidays so close to each other. [patentattorney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
patentattorney wrote:
When did people try to change thanksgiving? I am also not advocating for changing the dates of the holidays.

But just making July 4th or labor day a 4 day holiday. Makes no sense to me the multi day holidays are back to back.

It seems like Europe has a major summer holiday. Where people travel on top of Christmas.

I only get Thanksgiving off and Christmas off. To make it a four day holiday I have to take the day off work. For what it's worth I took the fifth off this year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
At my last two jobs we had EDOs (earned days off). 9 hour days, every second Friday off. And every statutory holiday coincided with an EDO. So every long weekend is a 4 day weekend.

And since this Monday is a holiday, I'm going to have tomorrow off work and enjoy my extra long weekend.

But I'm not in the USA.
Quote Reply
Re: Why are the two biggest family holidays so close to each other. [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
mck414 wrote:
JasoninHalifax wrote:
Trispoke wrote:
I get more irritated the Father's Day falls in the summer. As if I want to be outside anymore than I need to be when it's hot as balls in June.

I want to move Father's Day to the fall. Give me a Saturday or Sunday. No chores. Empty house. Just me and football....guilt free.

It's hot in June?

South of the 49th parallel it is. You should try it some time.

At the beginning of June our friends' pool was still mostly a giant block of ice.

June down here and the pools have been open for well over a month and you are already tired of the kids being home for the summer.
Quote Reply

Prev Next