Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: DelMo/IM announcement tease [rrheisler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Was this really the announcement that was hyped? I still don't understand what this RNR Half Marathon has to do with DelMo. From what I see, there's no mention of Delmo on the website, and no mention of the RNR race on the DelMo site. RnR doesnt need him to do timing, or to secure sponsors, handle registrations, secure permits etc. I feel like I'm missing something.
Was definitely hoping for a bigger announcement, esp since AC already has a half marathon in April, and another in October.
Quote Reply
Re: DelMo/IM announcement tease [TJL3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, it's the announcement.

Delmo is the race director. Just as he is with the 70.3 license. It's still a pretty big deal for him. The play was that WTC owns RnR these days. It played off of everybody's hype that somehow there was going to be a 140.6 in AC which...well, I am pretty positive I have a better chance of seeing God in the next hour than that ever happening.

----------------------------------
Editor-in-Chief, Slowtwitch.com | Twitter
Quote Reply
Re: DelMo/IM announcement tease [TJL3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TJL3 wrote:
Was this really the announcement that was hyped? I still don't understand what this RNR Half Marathon has to do with DelMo. From what I see, there's no mention of Delmo on the website, and no mention of the RNR race on the DelMo site. RnR doesnt need him to do timing, or to secure sponsors, handle registrations, secure permits etc. I feel like I'm missing something.
Was definitely hoping for a bigger announcement, esp since AC already has a half marathon in April, and another in October.

I agree. I don't totally get it.

I get it's good for Atlantic City, but the whole Delmo + Ironman thing is a crazy way to do that. Facebook went into a depression after that announcement.
Quote Reply

Prev Next