Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

float tank: anybody done it?
Quote | Reply
I had my first go yesterday and loved it. Two best things -- I could stretch every which way in zero gravity and get the snaps out of my joints. Also, thanks to the magnesium, slept for 11 hours last night. Can recommend as long as you don't get spooked in dark places.
Quote Reply
Re: float tank: anybody done it? [kiki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've done it twice, no real opinion on it. It's cool to have the complete sensory deprivation but I can get pretty close with deep meditation so the tank felt like a floating mediation. Both times, I was more curious about the tank itself and found it distracting.

If you want to supplement magnesium, we use a powder called natural calm and sometimes drink it 60-90 minutes before bed. It helps with relaxation. But keep in mind that magnesium is also used to loosen bowels. Don't use too much.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've done it 3 times. The tanks I've been in are not big enough to stretch out my arms in (I have a 6'4 wingspan).

One thing that bugged me about it the first time was I felt like I was the ball in the world's slowest game of pong. Every 15 minutes or so (who can even tell in there??) I'd gently bump off a side of the tank. I found it hard to truly stabilize myself.

Second and third time was much more relaxing.

I find I'm very lethargic afterwards and it is hard to shake that feeling. I wouldn't do it before an important meeting or something.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I haven't, but feel like I have since like listen to JRE on a regular basis. Jamie, pull up a pic of the float tank.

I'm curious to try it, especially under the influence of some party favors.
Quote Reply
Re: float tank: anybody done it? [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:
I haven't, but feel like I have since like listen to JRE on a regular basis. Jamie, pull up a pic of the float tank.

There was an episode of Vice 'News' where one of their correspondents became somewhat of a float tank aficionado, trying various tanks around the country, often on the influence of weed and, IIRC, mushrooms.

I think if I smoked weed I'd just fall asleep in there.

Quote Reply
Re: float tank: anybody done it? [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:

Dude man have you ever gone into the tank after taking an edible before smoking DMT followed by some kimchi with an elk sausage?

Gone with the wind

Instagram: palmtreestriathlon
Quote Reply
Re: float tank: anybody done it? [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:

There was an episode of Vice 'News' where one of their correspondents became somewhat of a float tank aficionado, trying various tanks around the country, often on the influence of weed and, IIRC, mushrooms.

I think if I smoked weed I'd just fall asleep in there.

I've done it a decent amount with and without party favors. Prefer it without though.

And to show what a JRE nerd I am - typing this from the sauna while listening to the most recent episode with MJK.

Fuck..also just realized that my training session just prior to this was mostly using the Onnit sandbag. I should probably dial this back.

If I had to choose one type of a water therapy (if that is a catagory) I would go with an ice bath/tank sessions over float tank ones.Have a 100 gallon Rubbermaid stock tank on the way that I will be doing a diy job on this weekend. In short I find that I am way more relaxed and feel better after the ice tank although you do miss the mental sude of the isolation tank. Maybe they are just too different to do an either or comparison?
Quote Reply
Re: float tank: anybody done it? [Skipjack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you currently wearing MeUndies? Then you know you have a problem...

Quote Reply
Re: float tank: anybody done it? [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:

There's still hope for me!

Hope your doing well man.
Quote Reply
Re: float tank: anybody done it? [Skipjack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Skipjack wrote:
BCtriguy1 wrote:

There's still hope for me!

Hope your doing well man.

Are you on DMT right now?

Thank you, I appreciate that.

Quote Reply