Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How to cater a race to clubs - Let clubs rack together, wave their flags etc.
Quote | Reply
Thanks in advance! We are looking at catering our grass roots race to clubs. In addition to letting the club rack together what are some cool ideas you all would have?

-Let clubs rack together
-Let clubs wave their flags in transition
-Let clubs set up a tent in the party cove to attract and connect with other athletes who may have interest in joining
Quote Reply
Re: How to cater a race to clubs - Let clubs rack together, wave their flags etc. [thunderdouble] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe float the club officers one or two free entries to distribute to their members as they see fit, get those first dominoes to fall and than their fellow club members will be a lot more likely to sign up.
Quote Reply
Re: How to cater a race to clubs - Let clubs rack together, wave their flags etc. [thunderdouble] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have club top 3 awards for clubs overall time (up to 10 people, more or less depending on the size of the race). eg. add up clubs top 10 fastest times to get overall time.
Quote Reply
Re: How to cater a race to clubs - Let clubs rack together, wave their flags etc. [450res] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
450res wrote:
Have club top 3 awards for clubs overall time (up to 10 people, more or less depending on the size of the race). eg. add up clubs top 10 fastest times to get overall time.

Having a club competition is a great way to encourage local clubs to show up. However I would modify this slightly and do a point system so that you can also encourage volunteering. Something along these lines: give a team 10 points for AG winners, 7 points for second, 3 points for third. Give out 2 point for any other participant from the club and 1 point for volunteering (Or hell flip that around, give 2 points for volunteering and 1 point for simply being there to race but not placing in AG). Most points wins.

I love the other great suggestions above: racking together, team tent area, and a couple comped entries (maybe limit the comped entries to the larger teams)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I always liked the races that have club specific port-a-johns.

They are separate from the general ones and have the team name on them....

Made it easier on race morning....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If some of the local races had some of these ideas implemented, I would seriously consider joining a club for the race aspect of it. It would bring a whole new twist to race day that would be a blast.
Quote Reply