Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Childless Couples Should be Banned from Disneyworld [slink] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slink wrote:
Where I live, school is compulsory and you can be fined 2500€ per child if you’re caught at the airport outside of school holidays without written permission from the school principal.

That seems a bit extreme...

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: Childless Couples Should be Banned from Disneyworld [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jmcconne or as the people of Bedford Falls call him. Mr. Welch. : )
Quote Reply
Re: Childless Couples Should be Banned from Disneyworld [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:

Well inconsiderate parents aside the disdain you demonstrate for a wholesome family centric activity is disturbing and sad.

I am not against taking your kids out of school. I’ve done it a couple of times. I think there is a great opportunity to make more positive impact on a trip, than sitting in school for a day. I just assume that my kids get a 0 on the work they were supposed to hand in, and that it is our responsibility to help them got caught up in what they miss. If there is a test or something, we work with the teacher we’ll in advance to figure it out. If there isn’t an option to take at another time, we make that a part of our decision to take the kids out.

I’m also not worried about my kids getting straight A’s in elementary school, so it all works out for us.

The problem is the helicopter parents that require straight A’s and want to take them out of school for a week because they get a deal when traveling off-season.
Quote Reply
Re: Childless Couples Should be Banned from Disneyworld [kiki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Honestly, sounds like this woman is just pissed that she didn't have the foresight to not have a screaming, whiny toddler.

Childfree is a real thing, and it's a freaking awesome choice - especially if you want to go to Disney without anklebiters. Can't wait until the doctors decide that I'm old enough to decide on my own that I want my tubes tied. Should be any minute now, since I'm in my mid-30's....
Quote Reply
Re: Childless Couples Should be Banned from Disneyworld [UK2ME] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
UK2ME wrote:
Honestly, sounds like this woman is just pissed that she didn't have the foresight to not have a screaming, whiny toddler.

Childfree is a real thing, and it's a freaking awesome choice - especially if you want to go to Disney without anklebiters. Can't wait until the doctors decide that I'm old enough to decide on my own that I want my tubes tied. Should be any minute now, since I'm in my mid-30's....

I feel for you. I never wanted ankle biters and went to my doc at 27 for a vasectomy. Had a heated debate because “sometimes you can’t reverse it”. I explained patiently that I couldn’t give a shit because I would never reverse it. He finally relented after swearing I would regret it. Not for one second of one day have I ever regretted it. I have been shooting blanks for almost 20 years now!

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply

Prev Next